X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scott metzger
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 9, 2007

Updating Tomland aliens...

Okay, I’ve got some Tomland Star Raiders heads I’ve had laying in a bag of heads for a long time, and I finally decided I wanted to use them when I set up a second Mego Classic Trek display on the bookshelf in my living room. That meant I needed to have them look Mego-esque, so kitbashing seemed the best approach. I wanted an idea of what they’d look like, so I did some Photoshoping, and this is what I’m thinking of doing:

STARRAIDERS1.jpg

Ridal – Tomland head, CTVT brown fringed jacket, red fringe pants, brown barbarian boots, red material for scarf

Yog – Tomland head, CTVT Red body , red bodysuit, yellow trunks, Neptunian red gloves, Neptunian yellow boots

Zhor – Dr. Mego Zhor head, Diamond Mugato body, CTVT red long vest, red hooded cape, yellow tights, red wrist guards

Coth – Tomland glow head, Mego Frankenstein glow body, CTVT green tunic, gray barbarian bracelets, brown sandals, Dr Mego red hooded cape, brown belt

Bico – Tomland head, CTVT green shirt, yellow tights, red cloth scarf belt, black Robin Hood boots, Dr Mego black flair gloves

Yick – I kinda hate the costume on the original figure (looks more like a bad reject from Sgt. Pepper than the space captain I think they were going for), so a new look with a color scheme cue from the original (sorta): Tomland head, CTVT red body, Black motorcycle outfit, lime green king cape, lime green cloth wrist cuffs, lime green pirate boots

Comments, ideas or suggestions? Anyone know of other heads there are repros of?
  • phil
    Persistent Member
    • May 11, 2007

They have a good, retro look to them.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

These are wonderful!
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• pmwasson
        Maker
        • Sep 12, 2007

I really like these!
        sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• SeattleEd
          SynthoRes Transmigrator
          • Oct 24, 2007

These are really fantastic and colorful. Well done!

Comment

• TrekStar
            Trek or Treat
            • Jan 20, 2011

Really nice colorful and sharp looking, great job.

Comment

• ScottA
              Original Member
              • Jun 25, 2001

These are awesome.
              sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• scott metzger
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 9, 2007

And...I can't make Yick anyway; just pulled out his head and it's missing the whole top part of the skull. No idea if I did that or if it came that way. But I've got all the parts on the way from CTVT and the good doctor. so if shouldn't take long to put the rest of them together when stuff arrives.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

I'm sorry to hear that happened with Yick. I've always liked the "cerebral" look of Yick and especially Ah.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• scott metzger
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                    I'm sorry to hear that happened with Yick. I've always liked the "cerebral" look of Yick and especially Ah.
                    Likely my own doing; must have wanted that cerebrum for something else. Can't for the life of me recall what... Anyway, hoping the CTVT pieces arrive soon.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎