Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toy-Ventures 14: Hombre Bionico from Kid Acero (Cipsa Toys)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Toy-Ventures 14: Hombre Bionico from Kid Acero (Cipsa Toys)

Toy-Ventures this week talks about the incredible Hombre Bionico from the Mexican series "Kid Acero" which is based on Mattel's Big Jim.

We get into why I think this is the greatest incarnation of Big Jim and showcase some of the cool figures that were done fromn1976 to 1980.

Trust me, these are the figures you wished you had as a kid!

See more Cipsa Big Jim at our gallery page: http://www.plaidstallions.com/bigjimmexico.html

Visit us online at www.plaidstallions.com Twitter: @plaidstallions

Subscribe to our Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwY...?view_as=subscFor more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Neutron X
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 22, 2007

Cool vieo!!! The more I see of this line the harder it is not to collect it. Do you have any idea of why Hombre Bionico gets 2 clear arms in a later release? There also seem to be many variations in arm colors.

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Neutron X
      Cool vieo!!! The more I see of this line the harder it is not to collect it. Do you have any idea of why Hombre Bionico gets 2 clear arms in a later release? There also seem to be many variations in arm colors.
      You know i forgot to mention that and honestly, I don't know why that happened other than maybe they had a surplus of materials?
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

Who knew Glenn Campbell was Bionic?
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

I really only know Big Jim and his PACK from afar, but I always loving seeing this stuff. I agree the Cipsa stuff is very interesting, perhaps even more so than the domestic releases. I really dig that proto-Skeletor guy with his Halloweeny-box!

Great video!

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• EmergencyIan
            Museum Paramedic
            • Aug 31, 2005

Originally posted by thunderbolt
            Who knew Glenn Campbell was Bionic?

- Ian
            Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

I like these very much, including cool Nocton and the terrific Zorak/Capt. Drake combo. Hombre Bionico and others are featured in Pinteau's new Big Jim book.

I'm glad you did this video--it's nice to see these "in hand!"
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎