X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

5 inch Heavy Metal movie figures.

Tarna and zombie tailgunner. Only 3D renders shown with no articulation added.

Last month, we shared news on a new line of Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure Action Figures that were announced by Incendium. Today they have announced an all-new license. They will be producing new Heavy Metal 5" Scale Action Figures. The new figures are based on the cult classic Heavy Metal animated film from 1981....
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • SeattleEd
    SynthoRes Transmigrator
    • Oct 24, 2007

Finally a set of figures to collect. Been waiting for HM figures and long overdue.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

About damn time!!! Next, I'd like to see Mego make eight inch ones.

Last edited by LonnieFisher; Mar 22, '19, 11:30 PM.

Comment

• J.B.
        Guild Navigator
        • Jun 23, 2010

"Mmmm....Taarna."
        You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
          Eloquent Member
          • Jan 19, 2008

I do think $30 each is kinda spendy.
          Last edited by LonnieFisher; Mar 22, '19, 11:33 PM.

Comment

• SeattleEd
            SynthoRes Transmigrator
            • Oct 24, 2007

Not at all. Worth the pre-order and agree on seeing an 8" version.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
              Eloquent Member
              • Jan 19, 2008

I decided I don't like the Taarna figure that much. They really messed up the design of the costume and her sword. They drew a picture to match, but she just looks way off. The more I look, the more it bugs me that they changed it. I was so excited, then looked close at the figure. I hope they change their minds about the alterations, and make it more screen accurate before it's released. For thirty bucks, I'd like to see it more faithful the the original source, and not somebodies idea of what it should have been.

Last edited by LonnieFisher; Mar 23, '19, 10:22 AM.

Comment

• MRP
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 19, 2016

How are these different than the Retroband action figures that were sold exclusively at conventions and the Heavy Metal website store? I know the HM webstore was charging about $100 a figure for these when I saw them there.

There was a thread here about the Retroband stuff when they came out a few years back (before I joined, but I was aware of the figs then because I have a sub to Heavy Metal and got their newsletter at the time)

http://megomuseum.com/community/show...-Metal-figures

obviously the scale is slightly different, but are they going to be new sculpts or reuse the old one?

-M
                "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                  Often invisible
                  • Jul 18, 2002

The Toy Biz style cards are an interesting choice. I always thought they were so garish and unappealing back in the 90s.

Before I looked, I expected them to be HeMan style.
                  Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Klosterheim
                    Persistent Member
                    • Mar 23, 2013

Each figure should have a button, that when pressed it plays one song from the movie soundtrack, Ha!, ha!

Heavy Metal vehicles would be nice to have in a collection as well.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎