Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Preliminary CATWOMAN Complete

Quote Originally Posted by darklord1967 View Post
    ....(penciler) Alan Davis and (inker) Paul Neary.

Their all-too-short run on Detective Comics in 1987 (with Mike Barr on writing chores) was an absolute love letter to the classic Golden Age of Batman storytelling and iconic visuals.... I’d put them right up there among my top five ALL-TIME FAVORITE Batman mythology artists... and definitely inspirations for the 9Art style of custom LEGENDS OF GOTHAM CITY creations!
    Back in the day, those exact issues got me back to buying & collecting comics again. The art, even standing alone, was magical and unique. To my eye, your Catwoman looks like a 3D rendering of the exact art from those pages. Her physique was cut and sleek in the Davis-Neary style. Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Wow, that head sculpt is fantastic!
    Last edited by comicmike; Mar 20, '19 at 3:05 PM.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Excellent sculpt!
    WANTED:Grayson SI trousers; Dale Arden dagger; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

amazing!!

Looks great!

Sheer brilliance. Well done, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by darklord1967 View Post
    So yeah, Alan Davis and Paul Neary... I’d put them right up there among my top five ALL-TIME FAVORITE Batman mythology artists... and definitely inspirations for the 9Art style of custom LEGENDS OF GOTHAM CITY creations!
    They designed my favorite version of Catwoman's costume, as well. This head definitely captures the feel of their art.

Beautiful work. I think it's very hard to make a beautiful female face at this scale without having it look like a doll but you've accomplished it. Can't wait to see the finished figure.

mikej
    WANTED: Boxed TEX WILLER, RM ROBIN Kresge, loose, or boxed, CIRCLE SUIT SPIDERMAN loose

Images
    This is beautiful. Jaw has dropped!

Last edited by darklord1967; Apr 7, '19 at 3:25 AM.
    I... am an action figure customizer

Last edited by darklord1967; Apr 7, '19 at 3:26 AM.
    I... am an action figure customizer