X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jorge Galvan
    Career Member
    • Jun 8, 2015

Originally posted by Spectator
    That's my distinct impression as well. I'm seeing red flags all over the place.
    Adam. I also agree. that this collection might be stolen or belonging to someone else. Halt all contact with this guy and to protect yourself, check and see if any of this collection might be stolen, with the police, and it also wouldn't hurt to talk to an ATTORNEY for any legal recourse. This is all to protect yourself, Adam.

Good luck and enjoy YOUR Treasures!!

JG!

Comment

• Adam West
      Museum CPA
      • Apr 14, 2003

He is claiming that his knee jerk reaction was to pay for $6K worth of snow plowing bills which sounded odd (who has $6K if plowing bills for their driveway). I decided to look him up on the Internet and this guy owns a $4M property! They were very valuable nutcrackers and I paid a fortune for them. The last transaction that he is having a fit over is $2,000 which is an enormous sum to me!! They are very rare, but I did pay fair market value. He wants them back and now is appealing to me at an emotional level (he initially said he was mad because I gave him the courtesy of asking if I could share, the it was a panic on his part to snow bills, now trying to negotiate). The other nutcracker to be repaired is sitting to be repaired with a 3rd party who informed me that he is paying for the repairs and asked that it be returned to him. This isn’t the first time I have run across a collector who is rich and crazy. I have his money but only reimbursed for the nutcracker sitting with the 3rd party. I have asked him to cease contact with me. I might have to file some type of restraining order on him if he won’t let it go. I think it hit him that it is not a price issue. He simply sold me items that will probably never be for sale again at any price.
      "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
      ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

^---- glad to hear you're not giving into his childishness and returning the figures.

You were MORE than fair and cordial throughout all the transactions.

Now it's time to enjoy your new figures with no guilt whatsoever.

I suspect he'll give up bugging you after he finds out his emotional tirades wont work.

Comment

• J.B.
          Guild Navigator
          • Jun 23, 2010

Dude owns a 4M property and is selling a prized collection to pay a 6K plowing bill? This story just keeps getting stranger. Is the Seller Jussie Smollett?
          You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
            Permanent Member
            • Jun 29, 2018

It's weird and only going to get weirder. He sounds like the type to sue and even if u have right on your side you still have to defend yourself legally.

Comment

• Adam West
              Museum CPA
              • Apr 14, 2003

I am dealing with a lunatic and one who is a multimillionaire. He refunded me for one of the nutcrackers sitting with 3rd party repair even though I bought it from EBAY. I have contacted the 3rd party who has said that he was instructed to return the item to the seller after it is repaired and feels compelled to return it to the seller since he paid for the repair. Meanwhile, he refunded money through PayPal (I think on a credit card) and it sat in a pending status. Now I see the money was refunded. He also sent a refund for the other nutcrackers that I have in hand. I sent a refund back short of the money for the EBAY nutcracker with the 3rd party and estimated repair costs. I have communicated to him that I don’t want to hear from him again and that I would release the money upon return of the nutcracker.

I am confident he will go to the bank and fill some type of affidavit to have the rest of his money returned. And he continues to contact me.

I am going to see if the 3rd party will send the repaired nutcracker to me if I pay him for the repair.

My last option is to file a police report. I live in Virginia and he indicated to me that he has a daughter living less than 30 minutes away. I could go down the stolen property route and file a police report along with a request for a restraining order.

Or just lay low and only file if he somehow is able to get the rest of the money from me.

This is just crazy at this point over 4 nutcrackers that I paid full fair market price and seems obsessed with getting them back
              "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
              ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• Mikey
                Verbose Member
                • Aug 9, 2001

I would seriously consider going the police report route now to cover my behind.

Just incase (and i'm only half joking) he sends his daughter to retrieve them by any means necessary.

This way all authorities officially know everything in advance

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                  Muddling through
                  • Oct 4, 2008

offer them back to him for triple the price

Comment

• Adam West
                    Museum CPA
                    • Apr 14, 2003

I am taking the items that he wants and removing them from my house for now.

I am going to the police.

He somehow removed a PayPal refund that was never received and after I contacted the 3rd party now have a full refund with PayPal fees dating back to March 17th along with a note that says “Sorry Things Didn’t Work Out”

I have never had a transaction like this go this far. I just called my credit card company and there is no credit to my account or money in my account.

He is an older guy..75 years old. I have no idea how he is pulling this off. This guy has nothing better to do than make me feel like I am going insane....uggh! This guy is creepy
                    ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                      Muddling through
                      • Oct 4, 2008

he might have some form of dementia too, or he might be the next Robert Durst. Police is a good call. protect yourself

Comment

• Adam West
                        Museum CPA
                        • Apr 14, 2003

I have cut off all contact with this person. When the money clears; I am going to let this nut have his nutcracker back. It has left a bad taste in my mouth and not worth it to me. I could stand my ground, but I know I won’t get it back.

He is unhinged over a less than $1000 item but wants it back to the point of driving him crazy and it isn’t worth it to me anymore.

I will go to the police if he continues after I return his refund
                        ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• warlock664
                          Persistent Member
                          • Feb 15, 2009

Nutcrackers ?!!!!

Comment

• Adam West
                            Museum CPA
                            • Apr 14, 2003

Exactly. He has contacted me since the last post asking for a return of another item for a price.

I responded to him today to no longer contact me or I am going to the police and filing harassment charges. It is beyond ridiculous and I no longer feel safe considering I am dealing with Lex Luthor who Is a multimillionaire and will not leave me alone for an item worth less than $1,000.

It is seller’s remorse at an extreme level.

I am so worried about his ability and seemengly mental health issues that I have already moved the items from my house and have informed a family about the situation.

Their are deals gone bad and now this. Dealing with a mentally ill seller who has a lot of money
                            ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• dumbldor
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jun 9, 2002

Or the items were not his to sell...

Have you blocked him from contacting you?

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎