X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • J.B.
    Guild Navigator
    • Jun 23, 2010

Arena

My friend was driving out to Palmdale and stopped at The Vasquez Rocks to take some pics of where Kirk and the Gorn threw down. Here's one.

You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

LOVE IT !!!

Was also the Bill and Ted rock too

Comment

• comicmike
      Persistent Member
      • Sep 22, 2009

Oh man, that's awesome. The pic would print out for a great Mego Star Trek background.

Comment

• The Bat
        Batman Fanatic
        • Jul 14, 2002

LOVE IT!! So AWESOME!! One of my absolute favorite episodes!!
        sigpic

Comment

• LordMudd
          Persistent Member
          • Aug 22, 2011

Originally posted by Mikey
          LOVE IT !!!

Was also the Bill and Ted rock too
          It was in a lot of things. I saw it in a western a few years go, don't remember which one.

CCC.

Comment

• J.B.
            Guild Navigator
            • Jun 23, 2010

It wasn't till earlier this year that I found out that this was the location where Arena was filmed. Back in '95 a friend who had moved out to Ridgecrest invited us to his crib and told us to bring our model rockets because he lived close to where Kirk fought the Gorn. We can launch them there. A place called The (Trona) Pinnacles. This place was unreal; felt like we were on another planet. So, I was disappointed finding out Arena was not filmed there after 24 years of believing it was. , and even more disappointed when finding out Star Trek V: The Final Frontier was.

You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• Mikey
              Verbose Member
              • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by J.B.
              It wasn't till earlier this year that I found out that this was the location where Arena was filmed. Back in '95 a friend who had moved out to Ridgecrest invited us to his crib and told us to bring our model rockets because he lived close to where Kirk fought the Gorn. We can launch them there. A place called The (Trona) Pinnacles. This place was unreal; felt like we were on another planet. So, I was disappointed finding out Arena was not filmed there after 24 years of believing it was. , and even more disappointed when finding out Star Trek V: The Final Frontier was.
              I think The Pinnacles is where a lot of Classic Lost in Space location exteriors was filmed --- See Jetpack clips and Jupiter 2 crashing

Comment

• TrekStar
                Trek or Treat
                • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by J.B.

If you Inlarge the top picture, it would make a cool backdrop scenery for a Mego Trek display.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎