Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jade88
    • Aug 10, 2018

Price of vintage Megos going down?

I've recently put a NIB Deadstock Wizard of Oz Emerald City playset, and over 5 days it has 13 views and no watchers. I was shocked considering the box and content condition.

Is it just Wizard of Oz stuff, or is the vintage line's value trending downward.
  • Blue Meanie
    Banned
    • Jun 23, 2001

Although the line is a nice set to have...it never had anywhere near the interest of the WGSH or Monsters/POTA/Trek. It's kind of sad because it really is a great line of figures. Which made the choice of re-issue a little odd for the New Mego re-issues. You could find original boxed ones for about $10 - $15 more than they were going for at Target. But yeah...WOZ figures were always kind of inexpensive to obtain since as far back as I can remember. The only ones that ever had high $$$ was the Witches Castle and the Munchkins...oh and a boxes Wizard if you could ever find him boxed.

Comment

• cjefferys
      Duke of Gloat
      • Apr 23, 2006

Yep, there's never been a huge demand for that playset. As Berto mentioned, only the Munchkins, Witches Castle and a boxed Wizard bring decent prices and demand in this line.

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
        Although the line is a nice set to have...it never had anywhere near the interest of the WGSH or Monsters/POTA/Trek. It's kind of sad because it really is a great line of figures. Which made the choice of re-issue a little odd for the New Mego re-issues. You could find original boxed ones for about $10 - $15 more than they were going for at Target. But yeah...WOZ figures were always kind of inexpensive to obtain since as far back as I can remember. The only ones that ever had high $$$ was the Witches Castle and the Munchkins...oh and a boxes Wizard if you could ever find him boxed.
        Yeah i think the big mitigating factor with Oz were the adult collectors in the mid 1970s. While action figure collecting was somewhat fringe, doll collecting was huge and i believe that many people tucked away those Oz figures and kept them MIB. They aren't hard to find MIB, supply has always slightly outweighed demand.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

I'm a huge fan of the Mego Oz line, but they're amongst the inexpensive of vintage items and frankly I"m glad of it. I'm not fond of the Munchkins, but I also love their playset and the Witch's Castle.

Most boxed Oz will run about $40, the Witch $50-60, and the Wizard about $100. There are box & figure variations, and I like the second-issue boxes, but probably only someone like me cares about these minutiae.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Mikey
            Verbose Member
            • Aug 9, 2001

I think it's almost impossible to compare the value and demand of a figure with a playset or even vehicle

There's so many more people that just want figures and nothing else

It's like the Star Trek bridge, with or without a remake it's still worth about the same thing it always was.

Rare stuff is the exception because of the supply and demand thing being upside down

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎