Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Go Ape at Toys R Us!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post
    That's interesting about the Addar kits, I hadn't heard of that until now.
    Yeah, while I have no doubt Marty's story about taking his son Ken to the marathon is true, Vinny mentioned to me that he had been championing apes in the R&D meetings after he saw how well the Addar kits were selling. He was also a big fan of the movies himself.

It also jives considering the first Mego Apes prototypes were made with Addar heads and an old pair of Jeans.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by palitoy View Post
    Yeah, while I have no doubt Marty's story about taking his son Ken to the marathon is true, Vinny mentioned to me that he had been championing apes in the R&D meetings after he saw how well the Addar kits were selling. He was also a big fan of the movies himself.

It also jives considering the first Mego Apes prototypes were made with Addar heads and an old pair of Jeans.
    This actually makes more sense. I have to admit, I used the word "claims" regarding Marty's story intentionally. While I have no reason to think he didn't take Ken to a marathon, it did seem a bit of an oversimplification as to the decision to get the Apes license. It makes more sense that it was the final argument to do so.
    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wee67 View Post
    This actually makes more sense. I have to admit, I used the word "claims" regarding Marty's story intentionally. While I have no reason to think he didn't take Ken to a marathon, it did seem a bit of an oversimplification as to the decision to get the Apes license. It makes more sense that it was the final argument to do so.
    Yeah, I don't think they're conflicting stories in any way. Marty may have not been in attendance during those R&D meetings or as you say, the marathon was just the deciding factor for him.