Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hanging shelves...

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    And if you did, would you really want to drill into it ?
    yep every night
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LordMudd View Post
    ... I can't find a stud to save my life.
    Believe me, it ain't easy. You either have to be rich and hire someone, or have the right equipment.
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Mar 15, '19 at 5:25 PM.
    WANTED:Grayson SI trousers; Dale Arden dagger; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

I use the Ikea Lack shelves for a lot of my figures (they are available in a few different sizes and colours). Nice clean design, you can't even see the mounting once installed. It was impossible to line up both sides with my wall studs so I didn't even bother. I just used those plastic things that you put on the ends of the screws that open up inside the wall so that they don't fall out. I installed them over 12 years ago, and never had a problem.

Example here: https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/50282182/

Images
    Put my vote down for finding the studs . . . I've seen way too many disasters happen with shelves in plain drywall or plaster.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cjefferys View Post
    I use the Ikea Lack shelves for a lot of my figures (they are available in a few different sizes and colours). Nice clean design, you can't even see the mounting once installed. It was impossible to line up both sides with my wall studs so I didn't even bother. I just used those plastic things that you put on the ends of the screws that open up inside the wall so that they don't fall out. I installed them over 12 years ago, and never had a problem.

Example here: https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/50282182/
    Sounds like the cleanest and best looking way to go about it as long as the figures aren't too heavy