I still have UPS to review.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by noelani72
      sorry.
      I still have UPS to review.
      I don't care about packaging its for a custom. Honestly when sellers use other carriers it doesn't seem to be any better, cheaper or quicker than the good old USPS. Fed Ex Smartpost is the worst of them all. offer a non collector option 100 9x12 poly mailers for 13.95 on ebay, (14 cents for packaging per figure) first class shipping for under 5 bucks.
      Last edited by thunderbolt; Apr 14, '19, 7:05 PM.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• wise guy
        Career Member
        • Dec 29, 2014

Originally posted by thunderbolt
        Off to ebay then for my Elvis
        Many of the Mego Elvis on Ebay are 25.00 with free shipping or less with 5.00 shipping.
        I got one for 22.00 shipped

Comment

• noelani72
          27inaleon
          • Jun 25, 2002

Originally posted by thunderbolt
          I don't care about packaging its for a custom. Honestly when sellers use other carriers it doesn't seem to be any better, cheaper or quicker than the good old USPS. Fed Ex Smartpost is the worst of them all. offer a non collector option 100 9x12 poly mailers for 13.95 on ebay, (14 cents for packaging per figure) first class shipping for under 5 bucks.
          I have some mailers on order, thanks for the suggestion.
          My USPS scale shows two Trek figures are 10.5oz which qualifies for First Class.
          I have tried getting an estimate on their website using First Class to a California zip code...i must be blind because I can't find it.

It's been a good couple days - more inventory has arrived and I still have more on the way, due this week.

IMG_8029.jpg

Comment

• noelani72
            27inaleon
            • Jun 25, 2002

...and I am a half hour into figuring out how to file my first round of taxes before Friday....and find out, even though I have zero dollars in sales, I get to now pay .0625% on everything I bought from L2P...lol wow.
            Illinois sales tax rate is .0925 once I sell something. Funny how a single item gets taxed twice.

Comment

• VulcanFanatic
              Banned
              • Jan 24, 2009

I haven't bought anything online from B&N in at least 6 years after the last order from them was very sloppily packaged and damaged. Companies need to ensure that orders are packaged properly because they lose a lot of customers from haphazardly packaged orders.

Comment

• Liu Bei
                Banned
                • Mar 31, 2018

...and I am a half hour into figuring out how to file my first round of taxes before Friday....and find out, even though I have zero dollars in sales, I get to now pay .0625% on everything I bought from L2P...lol wow.
                Illinois sales tax rate is .0925 once I sell something. Funny how a single item gets taxed twice.
                That’s gubment for you. Imagine there are actually people out there who think they should be taking even more than they already are!

Comment

• TRDouble
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jul 10, 2012

I have some mailers on order, thanks for the suggestion.
                  My USPS scale shows two Trek figures are 10.5oz which qualifies for First Class.
                  I have tried getting an estimate on their website using First Class to a California zip code...i must be blind because I can't find it.

It's been a good couple days - more inventory has arrived and I still have more on the way, due this week.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25295[/ATTACH]
                  That's a fun looking picture! And makes me think I need a blue shirt Werewolf too.

Comment

• noelani72
                    27inaleon
                    • Jun 25, 2002

I have received all my order materials finally.
                    I'm going to start going over who all texted, PMed, messaged about what they wanted.
                    I did notice something going on with Freddy....looks like a variation out there. Some pants have paint weathering, some pants don't.

IMG_4998.jpg

IMG_4862.jpg

IMG_7992.jpg

Comment

• Adam West
                      Museum CPA
                      • Apr 14, 2003

I am an accountant and will explain the tax situation to you so you don't have to worry. The 6.25% rate is a use tax rate....meaning that you are buying them for yourself and not for resale. If L2P is adding the tax, fill out a W-9 with your business tax id number and let them know you are exempt for use tax because they are for resale. On the sales tax side, you only need to charge it for in state residents. There are rules now about being an online company and having to potentially collect and report sales tax in every state you sell, but being that you are a small business; I would think you are exempt and only need to charge and remit sales taxes for anyone buying in Illinois. Plus, you can deduct all of the expenses on your tax returns as business expenses. I actually do want to order some product from you, so will PM you!! Feel free to send me a PM if you have further questions about taxes. Illinois is one of the strange states that likes to tax everyone coming and going. I am happy to check with my tax accountant about more specific Illinois tax laws if there are more questions
                      "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
                      ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• Adam West
                        Museum CPA
                        • Apr 14, 2003

I can tell you straight up that the retail business is really hard especially for low margin items. I used to sell Hallmark ornaments just for fun but it wasn’t fun when I had inventory for less than I paid. Add in time spent to wrap and mail...total nightmare but learned my lesson. Buying $1,000 wholesale is not going to get you much of a discount. You will need at least a $100,000 and work with MEGO directly..that might not be enough. Just keep in mind that the competition is ordering at least that amount and pays employees $10 an hour to fill order after order. It is a tough business
                        "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
                        ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• noelani72
                          27inaleon
                          • Jun 25, 2002

I just put some of my dupes up for sale in Marketplace if anyone's interested.

Freddy variant and flocked Wolfman to name a few.

http://megomuseum.com/community/show...-Mego-Monsters

Comment

• cdhall
                            Persistent Member
                            • Aug 14, 2004

Outstanding! Congratulations!!
                            —-
                            “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Message, Spock?”
                            - Admiral Kirk

"...surely, the best of times."
                            - Captain Spock
                            https://youtu.be/tOtKcJtahKQ

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍