X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • noelani72
    27inaleon
    • Jun 25, 2002

Originally posted by Ivaniski
    Cool how much for Spock with his Dress uniform....plus delivery?
    I have not got that all figured out yet.
    I am still looking into shipping supplies, shipping costs and taxes I now have to pay.

Comment

• noelani72
      27inaleon
      • Jun 25, 2002

Another round of packages arrived today. Still
      Waiting on a heckuva lot of stuff.

5D588799-A939-47EF-B41B-C49ECFBD6BDE.jpg

Comment

• toyman
        Just Another Collector
        • Sep 1, 2008

I'd definitely love to pick up some of your figures. Please let us know when your ready to take orders.

Comment

• noelani72
          27inaleon
          • Jun 25, 2002

^^thanks.
          I have been looking into supplies and mailing cost. Geez, the Post Office sure got proud over the years....$14 for a medium flat rate box? Looks like first class size of box might be $7.95. I still have to check with UPS still. FedEx is not an option in my town - they closed every FedEx drop off place (way to go Decatur). I seem to remember when I shipped my Great White Shark playset, it was something like $28 per box...and dang, that was a BIG box.

I am like so many of you - I want new Megos and the price is important. Price has stopped me from buying much of anything FTC these past few years.

When I got my tax ID, it was to get The Boy and I the new Megos at wholesale - what we didn't want, sure, I'd flip. I am not going to need four extra Elvis figures lol.

MegoMeet was my primary thought to unload dupes. My peeps get a good price and no shipping. But, I have been getting a lot of PMs and Facebook messages so I have to give it some consideration and mail out some figures. I love you folks, I have been a member here almost 20 years (holy cow Batman!) so why not.

But, the way I am seeing it so far, it's gotta be at least $14 for the figure. I'm not gonna be one of those nickel-and-dimer kind of sellers...I am not going to track my time and gas money getting to the post office or whatever lol. But, I have to absorb a lot of overhead for very little, little profit. Boxes, tape, packing materials, and pass on the shipping costs to you. Not to mention PayPal will want their cut and I still have to pay taxes since I got an ID (which I really have no idea how much yet).

If I was the person on the other side of the keyboard wanting to buy from me, the only real way I would do it, was to buy multiple figures and divy up the shipping fee to average out my purchase. $22-$24 to buy a single figure is not in my budget....probably not a lot of yours either. But, getting a box of six figures is probably going to cost the same shipping-wise as it would a single figure. Net weight for a box of size figures is still under 2lbs.

Perhaps I am spending too much time on it and y'all don't care...I'm just wanting to give the best possible cost effective solution. MegoMeet is it - otherwise, dang...y'all gotta pay that shipping cost and it stings in my opinion. I'll do it for ya if you really want. I'll order another grand worth of figures and sit on em and take care of my folks.

I did buy a domain name, so there is that on the horizon if I really wanna get carried away, but like most of you - I have family, a day job, a second job (my Super8 film preservation stuff) and now this. I am gonna burn the candle at all ends, but I love it.

opinions?

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

on the shipping you could also have a "I don't care about the package" option for people that let the figures run free range. It could be shipped first class in a poly mailer for around 5 bucks including materials. I'd love a Elvis for a custom I have in mind so I don't care about the card one bit.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• noelani72
              27inaleon
              • Jun 25, 2002

Post office discussion today...i took in a box of 6 figures to chat with them one-on-one.
              Ridiculous....
              So, that Mego box with 6 figures, shipping from Illinois to Missouri (for example) would be about $8.03 priority.

A box of Mego figures (or figure) is too big for First Class

That same box of six figures shipping from Illinois to California would be more expensive than using a USPS Medium Flat Rate box which is $14.55

I am going to check out UPS next.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

One figure can ship first class 6 oz. in a poly bag for non MOC people. I let my figures go free range so I don't care one bit about the card.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• noelani72
                  27inaleon
                  • Jun 25, 2002

^^I did give that some thought actually - I could do loose figures for prolly $13 plus shipping or something.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by noelani72
                    ^^I did give that some thought actually - I could do loose figures for prolly $13 plus shipping or something.
                    Yeah I weighed Norm and carded he's a tad over 4 ounces so I fudged it to 6 with minimal packaging.

Comment

• toyman
                      Just Another Collector
                      • Sep 1, 2008

I actually found a small box where I used to work that I could ship 2 figures first class for less than $5.00

Comment

• noelani72
                        27inaleon
                        • Jun 25, 2002

My 3rd shipment has arrived, but there's still an awful lot still pending - mostly the rest of the Monsters and Bruce Lee.
                        I'd have to think I am going to see a lot of action this month from L2P deliveries.
                        Still, being the wholesale distributor, I'd like to have seen a better system where I place order - get confirmation - get tracking - get package....and it's not quite been that. They are filling my orders with what they have, and at least shipping something.
                        I do wonder how partial shipments will affect my overall shipping fees....kinda seems like like I will end up paying more since more boxes are shipped instead of shipping full boxes.... Makes it hard to calculate the bottomline, but whatever I guess.

IMG_2887.jpg

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by noelani72
                          My 3rd shipment has arrived, but there's still an awful lot still pending - mostly the rest of the Monsters and Bruce Lee.
                          I'd have to think I am going to see a lot of action this month from L2P deliveries.
                          Still, being the wholesale distributor, I'd like to have seen a better system where I place order - get confirmation - get tracking - get package....and it's not quite been that. They are filling my orders with what they have, and at least shipping something.
                          I do wonder how partial shipments will affect my overall shipping fees....kinda seems like like I will end up paying more since more boxes are shipped instead of shipping full boxes.... Makes it hard to calculate the bottomline, but whatever I guess.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25184[/ATTACH]
                          aren't you just paying a shipping fee up front?

Comment

• noelani72
                            27inaleon
                            • Jun 25, 2002

^^I am, but it changes.
                            When I place an order, it never tells me what my shipping fee is - they just "apply it" when a box is ready to go out. I really don't like that....it's like giving someone a blank check.
                            Secondly, I have had other L2P buyers tell me I am being charged an additional $5 per box since my shipping address is residential not business. However, nowhere have I been officially told that.
                            Thirdly, when they ship me a box, it has enough room for three cases of figures. I am charged around $19 for a box holding three cases...$16-something for the same box size holding only two cases. The way I see that is - that $3 difference will really end up costing me in the long run. I'd rather pay $19 to get three cases instead of $16 for two cases....it's more cost effective and more bang for the buck.
                            There's no way to get into this being a wholesaler to make profit - there's just none to be had. Ok, maybe a buck or two per figure depending on the sale price. I totally understand seeing eBay sellers or brick-and-mortar stores asking $19.99 per figure or more - it's not good business to spend $10 to make $2. But, I certainly didn't get into this for the money but I can't lose money either.

Comment

• VulcanFanatic
                              Banned
                              • Jan 24, 2009

Yeah, the shipping part of the business will kill you if you don't get that under control. I ordered 8 figures from Cotswold collectibles, they shipped UPS ground w/ insurance for $21.07 from the West coast to the east coast where I am. Not sure if you can really get much better of a deal than that. They were very well packed from a MOC collector perspective.
                              Last edited by VulcanFanatic; Apr 3, '19, 7:53 AM.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                                Hi Ernie!!!
                                • Feb 15, 2004

I've seen some of the Impractical Jokers already marked down to 9.99 on Amazon and Toywiz. Guessing they are DOA.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎