X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Vintage Mego 5: Mighty Mightor From France

Another installment of Mego Museum Vintage Mego, this time we look at the Mighty Mightor 12″ action figure that was exclusive to France but made by Mego, the World’s Greatest Toy Company. We explore why Pin Pin Toys would choose to create an action figure based on a ten-year-old cartoon. For more information on…

More...
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

His face sculpt makes him look like Mego Invisible Girl's brother

GREAT video, as always

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Thanks, I imagine it may have been the same sculptor as the Fantastic Four figures, it shares some hallmarks of those characters.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• ScottA
        Original Member
        • Jun 25, 2001

I have been looking for this figure forever.
        sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Appreciated, very informative. I think it's a well-done figure with nice details--it makes me yearn for other vintage 8"/12" Hanna-Barbera figures. I've always been a fan of Space Ghost, Blue Falcon, Mightor, and especially Biiiirdmaaan!
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by PNGwynne
            Appreciated, very informative. I think it's a well-done figure with nice details--it makes me yearn for other vintage 8"/12" Hanna-Barbera figures. I've always been a fan of Space Ghost, Blue Falcon, Mightor, and especially Biiiirdmaaan!
            To be honest, Mightor is the show I didn't dig. LOVED Birdman and liked Space Ghost, I remember when Mark showed me this I wrongly hoped this was a series.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Mightor is the least of them but something in the design and prehistoric setting engages me.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

Cool figure but I think this is one of the cases were it might have been better had they colored the molded undies. I liked the cartoon except for Little Rok . Really found him annoying. Years later I also found it kind of cool his friend's name is Sheera.
                You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                  Banned
                  • Jun 23, 2001

Had one that I got out of Ebay France many years ago. Not complete. Missing the shorts/club/bracelet. The helmet I had was missing one horn...and his head was completely grey. It was the 2nd Mego Meet exclusive in 8 inch scale which was a blast to do with other members back at the time we did it. I think Austin still has the scaled down mold in 8 inch scale...so if you are looking for one I think Austin can hook ya up I ended up de-greying the head...but since then it has started to turn back again. I think the cartoon Hanna Barbera stuff is something the new Mego Corp. should look into. I don't think FTC ever came out with a Mightor.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

Nice video as always, and I dig this figure. I have a greater appreciation of Mightor after what they did with the concept in DC's wonderful Future Quest comic series by Jeff Parker.

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• TheMegoGuy
                      Museum Super Collector
                      • Jan 26, 2014

Anyone know the value of a complete all original C8 boxed Mighty Mightor? I couldn't find any recorded sales.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎