Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AO
    • Feb 12, 2011

I miss Space 1999

I know I'm probably the only one but I miss it. I wish I had bought them all when I had a chance. And extras for customs when they were cheap. CTVT doesn't even sell broken ones anymore so there's no way to get the legs. Troubled line I know but I miss it.
  • Treadwell
    Museum Super Collector
    • Dec 31, 2018

You can get white booted legs from DrMego

Comment

• AO
      • Feb 12, 2011

White booted legs yes but not the connected carved Star Trek feet. I'd like them all to match.

Comment

• ODBJBG
        Permanent Member
        • May 15, 2009

It was a great line and they went all in on it. The likenesses were amazing. Compare CTVT's likeness to Mego's current try at it. CTVT really nailed those figures, although some had balloon heads. But the lack of Koenig kinda killed it.

Comment

• tllgn
          Persistent Member
          • Feb 6, 2010

yeah i liked that line ,i bought all but a couple variants ,they just were not avalible at the time .some like did have huge heads while others like paul had a tiny head,smaller then the classic mego .i have
          a loose set of those .without the two main stars it seemed weird without them .however i have the show on dvd and i liked the figures ,so better then nothing .

Comment

• AO
            • Feb 12, 2011

Originally posted by ODBJBG
            It was a great line and they went all in on it. The likenesses were amazing. Compare CTVT's likeness to Mego's current try at it. CTVT really nailed those figures, although some had balloon heads. But the lack of Koenig kinda killed it.
            I ave a custom Koenig made out of Doc a CTYT Parts. Love him

Comment

• Treadwell
              Museum Super Collector
              • Dec 31, 2018

Originally posted by AO
              White booted legs yes but not the connected carved Star Trek feet. I'd like them all to match.
              That's what I mean.
              Attached Files

Comment

• LardLad
                Museum Patron
                • Mar 13, 2012

I missed that whole line and definitely regret it. I just ordered two of the space-suited figures from CTVT the other day, along with the breathing gear packs. I'm planning to buy the Koenig and Carter heads from Dr. Mego to complete them. Since this will be my first attempt at painting heads the results may be less than edifying.

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

I have really mixed feelings about their 1999 line, it was incredibly ambitious that's for sure. I'm a life long fan of the series and I couldn't believe how deep they went with the aliens.

The lack of Koenig didn't bother me personally but I understand that it's a Star Trek line without Captain Kirk which probably hurt sales.

For me, it was the QC in those early days that just ended my enthusiasm. I opened my Victor Bergman and he twisted, withered and broke within a few minutes without my help. I opened my Maya and her foot broke off. I had gotten past their head size because they were characters I always wanted but i didn't go back after that.

Other characters looked great especially the effort they put into the space suits. I'm now at the point where I wish I had picked up one or two things back then.

I'd love to see FTC take a crack at the brand again but i doubt we'll see that.
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• LardLad
                    Museum Patron
                    • Mar 13, 2012

Palitoy

I've heard horror stories about the quality of the figures. The likenesses, based on the pictures I've seen, seemed pretty good. Maya looked great. Something about the Bergman sculpt seemed off though - given you own one, what's your take?

Comment

• palitoy
                      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                      • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by LardLad
                      Palitoy

I've heard horror stories about the quality of the figures. The likenesses, based on the pictures I've seen, seemed pretty good. Maya looked great. Something about the Bergman sculpt seemed off though - given you own one, what's your take?
                      The expression on Bergman is off, he looks really surprised which is odd because his character was kind of stoic. I'm sure that could be improved with a paintbrush but I used mine for a custom.
                      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• phil
                        Persistent Member
                        • May 11, 2007

I love the show and was happy to finally have MEGO style figures but the quality of the figures was frustrating. Some of mine broke in storage.

Comment

• JediJaida
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 14, 2008

Some of mine broke in the package! Maya's head was beautiful but way too big for the body and the boots were cheap as all heck and shattered with the least amount of pressure.
                          JediJaida

Comment

• Spyweb007
                            Persistent Member
                            • Apr 18, 2006

The Koenig Head from Doc is a great likeness, I used one and it looks great all painted up.

Comment

• OCSuperman
                              Museum Patron
                              • Sep 4, 2014

I never bought these figures, but I really liked that early line for Space 1999. I would definitely buy into a new series.

I think what I liked most about that line was the variety of figures ... much like the Happy Days line ... they included most of the key characters. I would like Dr. Russell and Koenig this time

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎