X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jetjungle75
    Career Member
    • Jan 11, 2013

Jet Jungle possible head variation??

Recently came across some pictures of the JJ that belongs to one of the members of this forum, and having recently acquired an original from South Africa, was struck to how different the heads were.

The one I have, is identical to the one featured on the Mego Museum, and the "other" original JJ that was recently acquired by a fellow member, who purchased his, off a South African, now living in the UK. However, when I look at the original boxed one, the head paint seems to be a lot whiter, and thicker, and the eyes seem to be bigger. Furthermore, the head colour is more of a "flesh" coloured, like the Mystery Astronaut. The one I have, and all the other original JJ's that I have seen on the internet seem to be more pale, and the "white" coloured hair is a lot "greyer" and lighter. The "boxed" one seems to be a lot brighter white and thicker in comparison.

Does anyone agree with this? Below are some pictures:

The first two pictures are of the original "boxed" JJ. This is assumed to be the "only" boxed original JJ in the world and is the "variation", to which I have referred to above.

$(KGrHqNHJCEFIMsq!ZlIBSJf(eGRqw~~60_57.jpg

The second image is a close up of the head:

$T2eC16VHJHIFFh,owLS+BSJf(vp7vw~~60_57.jpg

Now here is a picture of the one featured on the Mego Museum and is judging by the JJ badge he is wearing, is 100% all original. You will note too, that the one featured above, appears not to have an original JJ badge, as the original has rounded edges.

jjlarge.jpg

Here is close up of the head, and again if you compare it with the one above, they do appear to be different.

image jj.jpg

Would be interesting to see what other members think. Or is it just the way the pictures have been taken?
    Attached Files
  • clemso
    Talkative Member
    • Aug 8, 2001

Again, if your comparing the boxed example and that picture of Brians. I would put that down to lighting and contrast of the two pictures. Look at the yellow in the 'JJ' as a guide to how different the picture files are. Impossible to theorise or conclude anything based on this.

Comment

• TheMegoGuy
      Museum Super Collector
      • Jan 26, 2014

Originally posted by clemso
      Again, if your comparing the boxed example and that picture of Brians. I would put that down to lighting and contrast of the two pictures. Look at the yellow in the 'JJ' as a guide to how different the picture files are. Impossible to theorise or conclude anything based on this.
      I agree with Clemso. I attribute these differences to lighting and contrast.

Comment

• josephcardone
        Persistent Member
        • Jun 10, 2010

Hmmm. It seems like lighting.

Something to consider too. These things are like 40 plus years old. Maybe the tone has changed a bit on some.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎