Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mankney
    • Oct 17, 2014

Loose Hawkman head

Hi I have received my new Hawkman figure and the head is extremely loose on it. Just the act of picking the figure up causes the head to spin to one side. Has anyone else run into this on Hawkman or another figure and have a fix?

It is more of an annoyance than anything else.

Thanks
  • comicmike
    Persistent Member
    • Sep 22, 2009

Try softening the plug's end, putting a small black rubber washer inside the inner neck's concave groove, & slip the neck back in the torso, with the black washer also going to the neck. It's how I repaired my FTC F-F/ Super Powers Aquaman, that had the same loose neck problem. I now can't see the black washer, & it rests inside the torso, so I can still move the head around.

Comment

• Mankney
      • Oct 17, 2014

Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

• filmation batman fan
        The Man of Many Voices
        • Aug 30, 2005

Originally posted by Mankney
        Hi I have received my new Hawkman figure and the head is extremely loose on it. Just the act of picking the figure up causes the head to spin to one side. Has anyone else run into this on Hawkman or another figure and have a fix?

It is more of an annoyance than anything else.

Thanks

I got my Hawkman in last weekend and I have the same problem. I have discovered that if I insert rubber bands in the neck plug (I use transparent ones) that tightens the head so that it won't be loose. I had to do this with some of my other FTC figures, especially the Super Friends figures. Hope this helps.

Comment

• Mankney
          • Oct 17, 2014

Thanks

Comment

• fossilfuse
            Museum Super Collector
            • Oct 27, 2008

I got the Hawkman figure, with loose head as well. I could deal with that, but unfortunately the clamshell got a little smashed, and his beak scratched the clamshell, and the paint wore off the beak. So more damage. I contacted FTC and they said to send it back and they will send me a new one. Should I request that they pay for shipping? Or should I just be happy I am getting a replacement?

Comment

• Boywonder0
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 29, 2007

FTC will not pay you for shipment as they will not charge you for shipping the replacement figure. Just ship the defective figure in the cheapest package (or even padded envelope) back to them and enjoy the replacement once in your hands.

Comment

• fossilfuse
                Museum Super Collector
                • Oct 27, 2008

So, FTC said to ship the Hawkman back. Did that. So now the figure has cost me about $46.00. They sent me another one. But, now the beak has worse paint damage, and there are more marks on the clamshell. The shipping box is not smashed at all, so why are they packing damaged figures, especially a replacement figure. So if I want another replacement, I will have to pay for shipping once again. The figure will then cost me around $52.00. And who knows what I will end up with next time. Any suggestions?
                Last edited by fossilfuse; Apr 21, '19, 3:14 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Sadly, no. This is typical.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

They really should be taking care of return shipment on damaged figures. That is just ridiculous.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• TRDouble
                      Permanent Member
                      • Jul 10, 2012

Someone on here said they buy their FTC figures off Amazon.com because they have to adhere to the Amazon Return Policy. It may cost a little more in shipping, but it may be worth it for those that continually have issues.

I went through this with the Supergirl Skirt variant. Third one was the charm! But it was a real pain.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎