• Makernaut
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 22, 2015

Ancient Astronaut Theorists say, "Yes".

Comment

• Makernaut
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 22, 2015

^had to throw that response in because just as I was reading your thread, I heard that response from my TV that is tuned to History; synchronicity being what it can be, and often is, in my life.

This is kind of exciting to me because I love GOTG even though the property had no roots for me in my comic reading. It was pretty new to me yet, I did love the movies. The Eternals, on the other hand, do have some roots for me. My comic reading and collecting had me aware of The Eternals BEFORE I knew of The New Gods of Kirby's run at DC. An Eternals movie might be about as close as we get to The New Gods and as much as I'd like to see both hit the big screen, I'll settle for either (and wish for both). Love the idea behind either, but The Eternals might be a little more adapted for our times.....as evidenced by the fact that I now have "Ancient Aliens" on the tube in the background and this show and Kirby (in developing The Eternals) were both influenced by Erik Von Daniken's "Chariots of the Gods".

Comment

• MRP
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by Makernaut
        ^had to throw that response in because just as I was reading your thread, I heard that response from my TV that is tuned to History; synchronicity being what it can be, and often is, in my life.

This is kind of exciting to me because I love GOTG even though the property had no roots for me in my comic reading. It was pretty new to me yet, I did love the movies. The Eternals, on the other hand, do have some roots for me. My comic reading and collecting had me aware of The Eternals BEFORE I knew of The New Gods of Kirby's run at DC. An Eternals movie might be about as close as we get to The New Gods and as much as I'd like to see both hit the big screen, I'll settle for either (and wish for both). Love the idea behind either, but The Eternals might be a little more adapted for our times.....as evidenced by the fact that I now have "Ancient Aliens" on the tube in the background and this show and Kirby (in developing The Eternals) were both influenced by Erik Von Daniken's "Chariots of the Gods".
        One, there's a New Gods movie in development with Ava DuVernay that was announced well before the Eternals movie, not sure which will get released first, but it was announced about a year ago now.

Two-I love Kirby's Eternals; my fear is it will take more cues from the Neil Gaiman/John Romita update of the Eternals concept from 2006 than from the Kirby series. I am a huge Gaiman fan, but his Eternals is one project for him that just did not resonate with me at all. I hope I am wrong.

-M
        "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Bruce Banner
          HULK SMASH!
          • Apr 3, 2010

Love Kirby's Eternals! I'm excited about this... But also simultaneously apprehensive that Marvel Studios will find some way to screw it up.
          PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• knight errant00
            8 Inch Action Figure
            • Nov 15, 2005

Originally posted by MRP
            ...there's a New Gods movie in development with Ava DuVernay that was announced well before the Eternals movie, not sure which will get released first, but it was announced about a year ago now.
            So, if things run the way they often do, they'll be released the same summer, a couple weeks apart, like A Bug's Life & Antz, Finding Nemo & Shark Tale, Red Planet & Mission To Mars, The Prestige & The Illusionist, Armageddon & Deep Impact, Babe & Gordy...

Though a summer of dueling Kirby alien/gods projects would be epic!

Comment

• LonnieFisher
              Eloquent Member
              • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by knight errant00
              So, if things run the way they often do, they'll be released the same summer, a couple weeks apart, like A Bug's Life & Antz, Finding Nemo & Shark Tale, Red Planet & Mission To Mars, The Prestige & The Illusionist, Armageddon & Deep Impact, Babe & Gordy...

Though a summer of dueling Kirby alien/gods projects would be epic!
              That would be awesome!!!

Comment

• MRP
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 19, 2016

Rumors are that the "New Gods" movie will be more focused on Mr. Miracle and Barda, with Granny Goodness and the Female Furies as the villains. It might feature all the New Gods if they cover the Pact, but I think that it will be more to provide context to Scott and Barda than anything.

-M
                "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Makernaut
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by MRP
                  One, there's a New Gods movie in development with Ava DuVernay that was announced well before the Eternals movie, not sure which will get released first, but it was announced about a year ago now.
                  -M
                  I forgot all about that......and I even started a thread on it about a year ago!

http://megomuseum.com/community/show...highlight=Gods

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by Makernaut
                    I forgot all about that......and I even started a thread on it about a year ago!

http://megomuseum.com/community/show...highlight=Gods
                    I also forgot, and I was the first person to respond to your post!

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎