Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FTC 12" ... what worked ... what didn't ... what's next?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OCSuperman
    Museum Patron
    • Sep 4, 2014

FTC 12" ... what worked ... what didn't ... what's next?

I just got my series 2 DC Classics 12" figures. In all I bought Batman, Robin, Batgirl, Superman, Supergirl, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Shazam, Mary Marvel, Flash, Plastic Man, Joker, Riddler, Penguin.

What worked ...
    The costumes really pop at this scale ... the colors look great.
    The head sculpts look great at this scale.
    The overall physique of both the male and female bodies on this scale are nice.
    For me, Shazam is a standout!

what didn't ...
    Batigirl's cowl is too big.
    The retro gloves fall/slip off with too much ease
    The female bodies hunch over (at least all of mine do).

What I'd like next ...
    12" Green Arrow, Catwoman, Mr Myx.
    12" Isis (call her The Goddess ... FTC has the parts/costume)
    12" villains ... since we got Flash, Alfred, Plasticman ... how about Lex Luther, Reverse Flash ...?

Opinions? What would you like to see if a 3rd series is offered?
  • warlock664
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 15, 2009

If these were $35-40 each, I might be tempted.
    As it is, I just feel $50 is too much, given their deficiencies (the hunched-over female body in particular). Sure, many of the issues can be fixed with a bit of work, but I'm not interested in fixing a $30 figure, let alone a $50 one. I also expect more than just an upsizing of the 8" figure at this price point. But that's just me, if others enjoy them, that's great.

Comment

• Boywonder0
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 29, 2007

Question for OCSuperman... I had bought a pair of 12 inch Robin boots when they were available while Robin wasn't. I had tried the shoes on spare Mego bodies I had and the Robin shoes seemed to be too big... Was the final product like that or the Robin shoes fit well on the released figure? Thanks in advance!

Comment

• Brown Bear
        Still Old School
        • Feb 14, 2008

I got my Aquaman and I can easily say I’d rather have him than four other FTC 8 inch guys so I’m okay with the price. I’ve paid more for less.
        I have zero complaints with the figure as well. It’s the Aquaman figure I really wanted as a kid.
        Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• JediJaida
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 14, 2008

I'd like to see Lois Lane in 12", as well as Catwoman, Starfire, Lightning Lass, Dawnstar, Queen Hippolyta, some generic Amazons, more outfits and boots
          JediJaida

Comment

• Brown Bear
            Still Old School
            • Feb 14, 2008

I’d love to see their new muscle bodies in 12” scale for a Grundy or Darkseid
            Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• OCSuperman
              Museum Patron
              • Sep 4, 2014

Originally posted by Boywonder0
              Question for OCSuperman... I had bought a pair of 12 inch Robin boots when they were available while Robin wasn't. I had tried the shoes on spare Mego bodies I had and the Robin shoes seemed to be too big... Was the final product like that or the Robin shoes fit well on the released figure? Thanks in advance!
              Unfortunately, the Robin boots are pretty loose, they stay on, but are very "jiggly" ...

Comment

• Boywonder0
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by OCSuperman
                Unfortunately, the Robin boots are pretty loose, they stay on, but are very "jiggly" ...
                Uffff!!! Thanks!

Comment

• rlkrefft
                  Veteran Member
                  • Mar 14, 2010

I didn’t buy any of the women but I did buy both Batman and Robin figures (Removable cowls/masks and regular), Superman, Aquaman, Joker, Penguin, Riddler and Bruce and Dick. The only figure I didn’t like at all was RC Batman, he just looked bad to me. I’m planning to sell both RC Batman and RM Robin, but the others I’ll keep. I’m pretty happy with them. Passed on the women because without Catwoman I don’t care to own the others. If Catwoman gets made I’ll pick up Batgirl, Wonder Woman and Supergirl, but for now I’m happy with just having the men.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

I had planned to buy Penguin, but once I saw the detailing, I passed.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• comicmike
                      Persistent Member
                      • Sep 22, 2009

I am curious: Are the 12"-scale Robin boots made from *rubber (like the original Mego-issued ones, or the standard contemporary FTC 8"-scale ones),

or are they the harder *plastic, similar to the first generation CTVT ones?

Comment

• OCSuperman
                        Museum Patron
                        • Sep 4, 2014

The Robin boots are plastic ... wish they had been made with rubbrer.

Comment

• Boywonder0
                          Persistent Member
                          • Dec 29, 2007

^^^ Yes! What OCS said! Maybe they wouldn't be so "jiggly" on either figure (8" or 12") because of friction... ^^^

Comment

• comicmike
                            Persistent Member
                            • Sep 22, 2009

Ah, thank you. I'm wondering if either: a short 'sock' (fabric or latex) camouflaged on each feet might help;
                            or possibly a thin lining of liquid/latex rubber painted to dry inside the shoe. If they'd been rubber, I was curious if a Naptha soak could shrink then down, but your report confirms that that'd be a no-go. Thanks again.
                            Last edited by comicmike; Mar 10, '19, 11:47 AM.

Comment

• Boywonder0
                              Persistent Member
                              • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by comicmike
                              Ah, thank you. I'm wondering if either: a short 'sock' (fabric or latex) camouflaged on each feet might help;
                              or possibly a thin lining of liquid/latex rubber painted to dry inside the shoe. If they'd been rubber, I was curious if a Naptha soak could shrink then down, but your report confirms that that'd be a no-go. Thanks again.
                              Those are great ideas comicmike! I guess that it will all depend on how loose they fit among the feet. If too loose I would try making some inner shoes with craft foam ("Foamies").

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎