X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

Your Least Liked Classic Twilight Zones

Was watching a Classic Twilight Zone episode I had never seen or heard of before.

It NEVER appears on TV marathons and is never chatted about when talking about Zone's.

Episode is called Steel

I won't give away any plotlines but Steel by far has to be the WORST Classic Zone EVER !!!

Steel makes Owl Creek and Bewitching Pool look like Shakespeare

Considering I thought I had seen the entire TZ series multiple times over my lifetime it was nice finding a hidden gem --- unfortunately this gem turned out to be a petrified turd
  • rykerw1701
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 27, 2007

Actually "Steel" was the impetus for the recent Hugh Jackman movie "Real Steel." I actually don't mind it. Generally the ones I dislike the most were written by Earl Hamner, Jr. He wrote "The Bewitchin' Pool, "Jesse Belle" and a few others. Mostly very folksy stuff that I just find didn't work well in the format. Having said that, the man had great talent and went on to create "The Waltons" and some other impressive writing credits. I just don't like his Twilight Zone work.

Comment

• Riderfan
      Megos are cool
      • Feb 14, 2012

"Cavender is Coming" with Carol Burnett.

From Wiki-

'This episode was originally broadcast with a laugh track – the only Twilight Zone episode to feature one – because this episode was intended as a backdoor pilot for a regular comedy series featuring the Cavender character'

Twilight Zone trying to be funny just doesn't work for me
      I've come here to chew bubblegum & kick ***. And I'm all out of bubblegum

(Rowdy Roddy Piper in 'They Live' 1988)

Comment

• RonnyG
        Career Member
        • Apr 23, 2014

It's funny, I can name all my favorite episodes, but not my least favorites--probably because they were forgettable or didn't have an impact on me. I guess if I had to pick one, it would be one of the one-hour episodes. I think it was during the 4th season, they switched from 30 min to 60 min., and then back to 30 min for the final 5th season. I remember some of the longer episodes were padded and dull.

Comment

• Mikey
          Verbose Member
          • Aug 9, 2001

There was an episode starring Martin Landau (not the drunk western one) that was CRAZY boring.

He was like hiding out or something

Comment

• Riderfan
            Megos are cool
            • Feb 14, 2012

Originally posted by RonnyG
            It's funny, I can name all my favorite episodes, but not my least favorites--probably because they were forgettable or didn't have an impact on me. I guess if I had to pick one, it would be one of the one-hour episodes. I think it was during the 4th season, they switched from 30 min to 60 min., and then back to 30 min for the final 5th season. I remember some of the longer episodes were padded and dull.
            IIRC TZ & something else were shelved in favor of some hour long variety(?) show that flopped, so TZ was pushed into filling a one hour time slot, yet they only had 1/2 hour scripts. So some scripts were stitched together (clearly evident how the story kinda changes midway thru) or expanded & dragged out. So I agree, the hour long ones typically aren't that great, but they have their own charm.

And while I'm here, I just like to say my favorite episode is 'The 7th is Made Up of Phantoms'. The one with the tank crew at Little Big Horn. Dunno why. One of these days I'll get down to Montana & see the real place.
            I've come here to chew bubblegum & kick ***. And I'm all out of bubblegum

(Rowdy Roddy Piper in 'They Live' 1988)

Comment

• C.H.O.A.M.
              learning all the time
              • Sep 15, 2010

ha "bewitchin pool" was the first that came to mind!
              I have to agree with most of the other suggestions.

and the martin landau was "jeopardy room?"

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎