Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jwyblejr
    galactic yo-yo
    • Apr 6, 2006

Fair enough. I've been butting heads with them for far too long on YouTube and they just annoy the heck out of me.

Comment

• Brazoo
      Permanent Member
      • Feb 14, 2009

To clarify, I wasn't trying to knock all SW fans (though I personally have been a bit turned off by behaviour I don't like under the guise of SW fandom over the years.) The culture (or whatever you want to call it) at Rebelscum wasn't for me. I'm obviously a fan of weird obsessive interests or I wouldn't be here — but obviously any obsession can have a "dark side" too.

Generally speaking, at rebelscum they seemed more obsessive about getting figures graded, they're completely intolerant of repros (even for personal display), and as a couple people have mentioned they go a bit off the rails when people do things like remove figures from beater cards. For me it was not as relaxing or fun.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
        Permanent Member
        • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by Brazoo
        To clarify, I wasn't trying to knock all SW fans (though I personally have been a bit turned off by behaviour I don't like under the guise of SW fandom over the years.) The culture (or whatever you want to call it) at Rebelscum wasn't for me. I'm obviously a fan of weird obsessive interests or I wouldn't be here — but obviously any obsession can have a "dark side" too.

Generally speaking, at rebelscum they seemed more obsessive about getting figures graded, they're completely intolerant of repros (even for personal display), and as a couple people have mentioned they go a bit off the rails when people do things like remove figures from beater cards. For me it was not as relaxing or fun.
        Sometimes I think about buying loose Kenner figures when there is nothing else to buy at flea markets or toy shows but I really don't wanna go down that path for the reasons you described. Like others have mentioned alot more people collect Vintage Star Wars than megos and other 70's lines combined. Personally I like when the hobby is niche and smaller.

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Brazoo
          It totally does feel like a different world, i mean it's their normal so i won't browbeat it but yeah, i didn't feel i fit in real well. I was also kind of put off by it's "bigness".

On the plus side, resealed cards are just total trash there, so I got a full set of 12 backs for on average $75 a figure.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• dumbldor
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 9, 2002

Originally posted by Wee67
            I just read this article last night. As much the Star Wars collecting world is bigger, it seems we've had our proportional share of scammers and jerkholes over the years. Didn't someone steal a carded Goblin a while back. No, its not rocket-launching Bobba Fett money, but its still pretty bad. Fortunately there are way more cool/good people that still makes this all worth while. I can't imagine staying with this hobby if it weren't for all the great people I've been lucky enough to meet.
            Ah, that was a Star Wars collector who stole that carded Green Goblin. I have updated my avatar to show the item in question. It was sold to me. The thief advertised it on Rebelscum.
            Last edited by dumbldor; Mar 18, '19, 2:08 PM.

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by dumbldor
              Ah, that was a Star Wars collector who stole that carded Green Goblin. I have updated my avatar to show the item in question. It was sold to me. The thief advertised it on Rebelscum.
              yup! I'll back this up, I even sorta knew this dude, sadly through the friend that he ripped off.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎