X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bionicfanboy66
    Career Member
    • Jul 30, 2012

The CW's Arrow Coming To An End

It's been reported that Arrow will come to an end after a 10 episode 8th season. Wonder if this means Oliver Queen will meet his demise in the next CW crossover event.
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

interesting. maybe Amell is done with the roll

Comment

• Bionicfanboy66
      Career Member
      • Jul 30, 2012

He might be ready to move onto other things. Guessing The CW might also be looking to free up a timeslot for Batwoman.

Comment

• knight errant00
        8 Inch Action Figure
        • Nov 15, 2005

Only three seasons too late.

Comment

• hedrap
          Permanent Member
          • Feb 10, 2009

WB/DC streaming bound is my guess.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
            Eloquent Member
            • Jan 19, 2008

I wonder if they will continue the future story line in a new series, or if it's just ending.

Comment

• The Bat
              Batman Fanatic
              • Jul 14, 2002

Bummer, Arrow is the only one I watch. Gave up on The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, don't care for Supergirl and Gotham went off the rails and over the cliff.
              sigpic

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                Eloquent Member
                • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by The Bat
                Bummer, Arrow is the only one I watch. Gave up on The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, don't care for Supergirl and Gotham went off the rails and over the cliff.
                How about Titans? That one's great! Or Doom Patrol?

Comment

• MRP
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 19, 2016

The sources was Stephen Amell announcing the series end on his Twitter feed, later confirmed by the shows executive producers.

This is what he tweeted...

Playing Oliver Queen has been the greatest professional experience of my life... but you can’t be a vigilante forever.

Arrow will return for a final run of 10 episodes this Fall.

There’s so much to say... for now I just want to say thank you.

He later expanded on that in a video he posted that is embedded in this article on Bleeding Cool... https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03...-ending-video/

-M
                  "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• MRP
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 19, 2016

Also, this is what the show's producers said about the show ending:

“This was a difficult decision to come to, but like every hard decision we’ve made for the past seven years, it was with the best interests of Arrow in mind. We’re heartened by the fact that Arrow has birthed an entire universe of shows that will continue on for many years to come. We’re excited about crafting a conclusion that honors the show, its characters and its legacy and are grateful to all the writers, producers, actors, and — more importantly — the incredible crew that has sustained us and the show for over seven years.”
                    -M
                    "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                      Muddling through
                      • Oct 4, 2008

the best thing would be to just end the show and then it leaves the door open for guest appearances on the other shows

Comment

• sprytel
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                        the best thing would be to just end the show and then it leaves the door open for guest appearances on the other shows
                        I think that is what they are going to do. I know the popular theory is they are going to kill Ollie off in the next crossover, but I think they come up with some way to allow Arrow to end without things so... final.

Comment

• Robert_Anthony
                          Museum Patron
                          • Sep 5, 2015

Originally posted by sprytel
                          I think that is what they are going to do. I know the popular theory is they are going to kill Ollie off in the next crossover, but I think they come up with some way to allow Arrow to end without things so... final.
                          I agree with that theory, but Berlanti and Co. will also figure out some way to let Arrow sign-off in some kind of way.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                            Persistent Member
                            • Sep 27, 2010

what's funny as much as I liked the series and Amell seems like a genuine good guy,Oliver here was nothing like oliver queen in the comics.he was more a robin hood version of batman..Still wouldn't mind seeing a late 40s 50ish aged ollie queen movie say like the longbow hunters series from mike grell.or better yet,a buddy flick with green lantern.

Comment

• shazam7208
                              Career Member
                              • Oct 28, 2008

My favorite show....hate to see it go, but interested in seeing what Stephen Amell does next

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎