Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

do you think ftc will lower their price?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powersthatbe
    Persistent Member
    • Sep 27, 2010

do you think ftc will lower their price?

when FTC was twenty bucks a pop I was able to afford to buy extras of some of my favorite figures to keep MIB, now at 30 I don't anymore(would love to have an extra Hawkman MIB for instance) So with Mego and their offerings at 15 or less do you think FTC will compete more in pricing?
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by powersthatbe
    when FTC was twenty bucks a pop I was able to afford to buy extras of some of my favorite figures to keep MIB, now at 30 I don't anymore(would love to have an extra Hawkman MIB for instance) So with Mego and their offerings at 15 or less do you think FTC will compete more in pricing?
    I doubt it, and if I'm being honest here...I think FTC puts a little more effort into their figures, especially when it comes to the packaging. Their cardbacks for the most part are beautiful. I also love the fact that they're collector friendly, unlike Mego's packaging. If anything, I think we will see the price of Megos go up as the quality continues to improve, and I'm OK with that.

Comment

• alex
      Permanent Member
      • Jun 15, 2009

I personally think they are over priced, and simply cant push the button on some. Thier figures workout to be $40 a pop, for loose clothing and dodgey bods. Would love to complete the Scooby line....

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

I would be ok with the price if there were no issues with them, but there usually are problems, big heads, baggy suits, body issues. Sometimes they hit it perfect, then sometimes the totally whiff. For 30 bucks a pop there should be no fixing or replacing of parts.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• scott metzger
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 9, 2007

Low production run means higher prices. Given that some previous waves seemed to sell out in reasonable amount of time and more recent items don't seem to do so, I'd say sales have likely declined along with the quality. Sadly, their best work is definitely in the rear view mirror.

Comment

• TRDouble
            Permanent Member
            • Jul 10, 2012

Perhaps you speak regarding the overall FTC catalog, and I can only speak on the Super-hero items, but I don't agree at all that their best work is in the past, and I say this despite my views on Hawkman, which is more about the shoddy body than anything else.

The new comic Joker is very well done. My recent President Obama, Cheetah, and new Robin figures are very good too. And it's been a while between the recent stuff and their last release, which wasn't bad either. FTC will always drop some clunkers and we will all have our opinions on what they are -- I think every Mary Marvel has been a clunker -- but I think their work has gotten better, although the ratio of clunkers seems to be about the same.

I don't know that I agree that previous waves seemed to sell out in a reasonable amount of time either, at least on the Super-Hero side of things. The only ones that seemed to fit that description are the Super Friends Universe of Evil, much to my chagrin; I waited because, not much completely sells out, and I missed Evil Wonder Woman completely and Evil Aquaman as a single. And maybe Batman Retro Series 3. Almost everything else is still available, except Batman Retro Series 1 and TT Speedy, both of which were around for a long time.

KISS may have sold out quicker, but I never look at those, so I wouldn't know.

Comment

• Adam West
              Museum CPA
              • Apr 14, 2003

I am a big fan of FTC. As already mentioned low production runs and I love their clam shell casing. IMO it is hard to buy figures for $30 a pop that look this good in general. On top of that, standing behind their quality means a lot to me. If I have issues with a figure that arrived with a head pop or arm missing; they will direct me on how to fix it or send it back for a replacement. That means a lot to me. Also their sculpts blow MEGO in the dust
              "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
              ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• darkbros
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by TRDouble
                much to my chagrin; I waited because, not much completely sells out, and I missed Evil Wonder Woman completely and Evil Aquaman as a single. And maybe Batman Retro Series 3. Almost everything else is still available, except Batman Retro Series 1 and TT Speedy, both of which were around for a long time.
                Batman Series 1 is still available as Loose on the ctvt website, under Loose FTC Figures in Bags.
                Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
                https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
                ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎