X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Operation:Mego
    I'm the Star Spangled Man
    • May 21, 2011

sigpic
    The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.

Comment

• monitor_ep
      Talkative Member
      • May 11, 2013

I really liked the Wally West as Flash run where he teamed up with the other speedsters so I am glad that CW is going with this.
      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Operation:Mego
        I'm the Star Spangled Man
        • May 21, 2011

Originally posted by monitor_ep
        I really liked the Wally West as Flash run where he teamed up with the other speedsters so I am glad that CW is going with this.
        Apparently, Jay and Thawne are also supposed to appear. John Wesley Shipp said he'll be in the 15th and 17th episodes, and the finale too. Should be great!
        sigpic
        The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.

Comment

• KnightDetective
          Veteran Member
          • Aug 31, 2012

SEMI-SPOILER ALERT!!!

The Flash - "Armageddon"
          Episode 5

I'll spare y'all a book-length rant about a show I once really liked, but lost interest in. (And I used to watch anything with a costume in it!) I still check in once or twice a season. Tonight was apparently the finale of a five part "Armageddon" event. If you're looking to drop the show, it could almost serve as a series finale. There are a couple of nice moments. Barry receives something I wanted him to have since the beginning. I won't really spoil it for anyone since it was the first "YES!" moment the show has offered me in quite a while. Worth a look just for the fan service! Somewhere in the last 15 or 20 minutes of the show if you just want to stream the good bit.

Superman and Lois returns next month. Still watching that one. Hope the quality holds. Still a bit too much doom and gloom for me, but probably the best we'll get these days.

Comment

• MIB41
            Eloquent Member
            • Sep 25, 2005

^ I stayed fully engaged for the first few years, then when it started focusing more and more as a team concept full time, I lost interest. BUT I still collected every season on DVD during the holidays when you could pick them up for $10. I have more seasons still in shrink wrap unwatched than what is open. Fast forward to last week and I caught a storyline that got me engaged again. This week's episode though reminded where the problems remain. Liked the latest addition you referenced. But why it took eight years to get there is bizarre. And the moral dilemma they had was insanely forced. It doesn't take two brain cells to assess the number of lives saved if they had gone the other way. So the standard they were fighting over was ultimately not taken because they decided since it was just the one right now, they could forget the rest. Such a funny contradiction since Barry had just gotten out of a predicament where his potential future could cost so many lives. Now it was okay to place future lives back in harms way by sparing this one? Utterly nonsensical.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

^I haven't watched it in many years. I used to absolutely love it, but the rigid episode structure and insistance on a year-long storyline meant LOTS of padding, and lots of characters making contradictary decisions, which often resulted in my family and I screaming at our TV. Lots of unnecesary and unsatisfying character swerves for the sake of one episode, only to reset for the next, and then swerve again.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• enyawd72
                Maker of Monsters!
                • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                ^I haven't watched it in many years. I used to absolutely love it, but the rigid episode structure and insistance on a year-long storyline meant LOTS of padding, and lots of characters making contradictary decisions, which often resulted in my family and I screaming at our TV. Lots of unnecesary and unsatisfying character swerves for the sake of one episode, only to reset for the next, and then swerve again.

Chris
                I gave up on it a while back...just got tired of the whole "Team Flash" thing, and what are we up to now...150 or so people who know Barry's (not) secret identity?

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

Chris
                  Agreed! Its not the Flash you and me grew up with. And to Dwayne's point, there seems to be no angle on protecting his secret identity. That was always a storyline I found alluring in all the comics I read back in the day. Now its so casual, one wonders why they wear a mask at all.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                    Muddling through
                    • Oct 4, 2008

Chris
                    that was the real problem i had with it as well. i dropped out a couple seasons back.

Comment

• C.H.O.A.M.
                      learning all the time
                      • Sep 15, 2010

for me it became an endurance test but I've stuck with it over the years.
                      to do that you have to stop getting frustrated and just take the good moments when they come.
                      this 5 part storyline started slowly but picked up nicely.
                      looks like it won't be back with a new episode until next march.

Comment

• KnightDetective
                        Veteran Member
                        • Aug 31, 2012

Originally posted by C.H.O.A.M.
                        for me it became an endurance test but I've stuck with it over the years.
                        to do that you have to stop getting frustrated and just take the good moments when they come.
                        this 5 part storyline started slowly but picked up nicely.
                        looks like it won't be back with a new episode until next march.
                        There was a line near the end of the mega-rant I alluded to where I state much the same thing. I've come to consider most all modern versions of stuff I like (Trek, Doctor Who, Galactica, Superheroes, etc.) as alternate universe. If I bother to watch at all, I pick out the bits I like and ignore the rest. While I still yell at the screen, I'm trying to stop griping so much about stuff others enjoy, so I deleted that little opus from my post. I tell ya though, it was a doozy!

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                          Moderation Engineer
                          • Aug 14, 2003

I just finished episode 4. Hoping the payoff is worth it.

Spoilers

For this arc anyway, I am more annoyed by Cecile than Iris. The alternate timeline Team Flash hook-up subplot was so useless and forced. I love Cavanaugh, but am tired of his Eobard. I skipped the last several episodes and may never watch them at this point. Unless I hear something positive I'll probably put Flash in the bin with Legends. Fingers crossed for Superman and Lois to stay strong a while longer. I don't even want to know how Iris got Tyme disease - was she bitten by a weird tick? The show used to be so good:-(

Comment

• C.H.O.A.M.
                            learning all the time
                            • Sep 15, 2010

Legends is still good imo.
                            let's say "entertaining at least" lol

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎