Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

I didn't mind it when Flash worked with other heroes. It seemed like each show was part of Justice League satellite groups, so when Flash, Frost, Vibe and Elongated Man fought together I didn't mind it.

The first few episode from this season are the tale end of last seasons. Since they had to shorten there season due to Covid, All of the CW shows had to wrap up early leaving them all in cliffhangers. Once you get past the first 3-4 episodes then the real season begins.
    Last edited by monitor_ep; Mar 4, '21, 11:27 AM.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

I really want to like this show, but it just sucks. I think I'm done hoping it gets better.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

I haven't watched Flash since Crisis. Our whole family used to love it, but the cyclical, formulaic nature of the episodes really burned us out. The characters going through the same emotional beats every. stinking. episode. got REALLY old. The 22-episode format storyline is just laborious and unnecessary too. The Marvel Shows on Disney Plus have really shown the strings on these shows. I think they need to rethink the rather rote "CW Formula" and shake things up a bit. I feel like Superman and Lois is for the most part, although it skirts it from time to time. Stargirl had the season-long threat, but was shorter, and the characters actually grew and evolved over the course of the season.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• enyawd72
          Maker of Monsters!
          • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
          I haven't watched Flash since Crisis. Our whole family used to love it, but the cyclical, formulaic nature of the episodes really burned us out. The characters going through the same emotional beats every. stinking. episode. got REALLY old. The 22-episode format storyline is just laborious and unnecessary too. The Marvel Shows on Disney Plus have really shown the strings on these shows. I think they need to rethink the rather rote "CW Formula" and shake things up a bit. I feel like Superman and Lois is for the most part, although it skirts it from time to time. Stargirl had the season-long threat, but was shorter, and the characters actually grew and evolved over the course of the season.

Chris
          I agree...my biggest gripe anymore is the horribly overwrought dialogue and constant emotional pep talks between characters.

Comment

• TRDouble
            Permanent Member
            • Jul 10, 2012

I don't think I am spoiling anything here, but just in case...

I just started watching Season 7 tonight. It started off well, but episode three, which tied up last season, felt like I was watching WW 84. I was not a fan of WW 84, particularly the way it ended. But it's been good enough, particularly Ep..1 and 2, for me to continue watching, probably weeks late and bingeing multiple episodes, continuing with episode 4.

Comment

• sprytel
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 26, 2009

I was just glad the Mirrorverse storyline ended.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                Persistent Member
                • Sep 27, 2010

The Cisco and Dr. Wells actors will depart the show this season. I didn't even begin to watch this year and with them gone, the two best parts of the show imo,I will have no desire to watch it now.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

I grew to loathe Wells. Cisco I will miss, I didn't realize he was leaving.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                    Talkative Member
                    • May 11, 2013

Cisco/vibe was going to leave this season but came back to finish it off. So let him go. As far as Wells, he never existed in the comic book world so let him go. The problem is the team is running out of Super Heroes with Frost getting locked up they only have Flash, Chunk & Allegra. I would love to see Team Flash with speedsters going forward.
                    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

I grew to loathe Wells. Cisco I will miss, I didn't realize he was leaving.
                      The joke of Cavanaugh playing a variant of the character every year got old after season 3. Great actor, but it felt like he should have been gone by the end of Season 2, honestly.

Cisco often makes the show, honestly. Losing him (as they almost did before) will be a big blow.

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• sprytel
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                        The joke of Cavanaugh playing a variant of the character every year got old after season 3. Great actor, but it felt like he should have been gone by the end of Season 2, honestly.

Cisco often makes the show, honestly. Losing him (as they almost did before) will be a big blow.

Chris
                        Agreed. Cavanaugh is great, but they seemed to have no idea what to do with him. (Honestly, that criticism could apply to lots of elements of the show.)

Comment

• C.H.O.A.M.
                          learning all the time
                          • Sep 15, 2010

I'm ok with both of them leaving as long as the black guy stays (sorry don't know his name or how he came to be on the show) because he's the most consistently intelligent character.
                          am I the only one who wishes Barry could've kept some of his super thinking? I could get behind a smart Flash for a change.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                            Talkative Member
                            • May 11, 2013

Finally back to the Speedsters

We are getting Impulse played by Jordan Fisher very soon:

Impulse 1.jpg

Impulse 2.jpg

Impulse 3.jpg

Impulse 4.jpg

Impulse 5.jpg

I loved reading the Flash title when he teamed up with other speedsters and really wanted the series to fallow that route. Now it seems we are going to get 4 speedsters in one episode!!!
                            Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

Too bad Impulse doesn’t actually look like a kid.
                              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                                Verbose Member
                                • Mar 7, 2004

My son was very excited at how close they stuck to Bart's comic costume. I'm glad to see XS is back. I really liked her on the show, even though the storyline swerve with her kind of sucked.

Chris
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎