• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

The FLASH returns tonight!

And it's gonna be a good one!

GRODD returns to destroy Central City and the Flash must team up with King Shark to stop him!

Finally a stand alone classic villains episode!
  • powersthatbe
    Persistent Member
    • Sep 27, 2010

sounds like nerd nirvana television :D

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

Half way through tonight's episode, and the attitudes of these people makes me want them to get what they deserve. End some characters, please...

Comment

• knight errant00
        8 Inch Action Figure
        • Nov 15, 2005

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
        Half way through tonight's episode, and the attitudes of these people makes me want them to get what they deserve. End some characters, please...
        If you're referring to the bit that should have ended reasonably with someone saying, "So I should have let you literally get your head bitten off," yeah, they lost me there, too.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

I still enjoy the Flash, but it stumbles over itself constantly with stuff like this. It's plauged these shows as far back as Smallville. Budgetary and strict seasonal storyline needs have often hampered these shows, keeping characters and storylines from progressing naturally. Every time it's like hitting a brick wall.

King Shark was VERY Ben Grimm in this episode. How many times has Ben sacrificed his "one chance" at being human for the greater good?

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• LonnieFisher
            Eloquent Member
            • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by knight errant00
            If you're referring to the bit that should have ended reasonably with someone saying, "So I should have let you literally get your head bitten off," yeah, they lost me there, too.
            Yes! At that point I had to pause it for a twenty minute break.

Comment

• C.H.O.A.M.
              learning all the time
              • Sep 15, 2010

the only budget problem this show has is the writers' salaries, since the creators had plenty of $$ for the sharkape action scenes
              personally I'd rather have great stories and corny vfx but that's just me.
              besides the above, the other cringer for me was when Frost blasted Barry 'cause, y'know, the Flash isn't faster than wind...

other than those it was a pretty good episode I thought, as was the timeloop one with Cicada

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                Muddling through
                • Oct 4, 2008

I was just happy for a different villain then Cicada

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by C.H.O.A.M.
                  the only budget problem this show has is the writers' salaries, since the creators had plenty of $$ for the sharkape action scenes
                  personally I'd rather have great stories and corny vfx but that's just me.
                  besides the above, the other cringer for me was when Frost blasted Barry 'cause, y'know, the Flash isn't faster than wind...

other than those it was a pretty good episode I thought, as was the timeloop one with Cicada
                  Yeah, I did enjoy the Cicada/Timeloop episode. Directed by Rachel Talalay who also directed wonderful Doctor Who episode "Heaven Sent" which had a similar bent...
                  sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• aquatroy
                    Permanent Member
                    • Apr 28, 2002

I need me a Sherloque Wells coat!
                    Hey! Check out the pictures.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Jan 19, 2008

This weeks episode of Flash was unwatchable for me. I skipped through it. They should make a show just about Iris, so I wouldn't have to see her anymore.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                        Muddling through
                        • Oct 4, 2008

i haven't watched yet. Flash is the only one left now in my watch list and I am very bored with it

Comment

• enyawd72
                          Maker of Monsters!
                          • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                          i haven't watched yet. Flash is the only one left now in my watch list and I am very bored with it
                          Me too. I'm really sick of the whole "Team Flash" garbage, and Iris is the new Lana. I miss the old series when it was just the hero and maybe some occasional help from Tina McGee.
                          And I swear, do ANY superheroes have secret identities anymore that are actually, you know, SECRET??

I've lost count of how many people know Barry is the Flash, but I think it's just about everyone.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Jan 19, 2008

Wow, this show should have been cancelled.

Comment

• sprytel
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jun 26, 2009

Even though I sort of "hate watch" these days, I thought the premiere of the new season was pretty good. Without spoiling things, I think it took a couple steps in the right direction.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎