X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Changes to GI JOE RAH in Canada?

Aside from the American flag and United States decals being removed and the cards no longer said "Real American Hero" was anything else changed?

I know RAH got radically changed in the UK. Like name change to Action Force and the removal of all American flag decals. Exclusive repaints of figures like Scarlett to Quarrel and when Scarlett was released her place of birth was changed from Atlanta Georgia USA to Belgium. Plus the animated series even got heavily redubbed complete with new theme song. They did get some super cool exclusive vehicles like the Roboskull.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • cjefferys
    Duke of Gloat
    • Apr 23, 2006

Snake Eyes had a beaver instead of a wolf, and instead of Refrigerator Perry, our mail away figure was Wayne Gretzky code name: Hat Trick.
    Last edited by cjefferys; Mar 5, '19, 4:01 PM.

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Some of the French names were interesting, Snake Eyes was "Zorro" and I swear "Dial Tone" was "Dic Click"
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
        Some of the French names were interesting, Snake Eyes was "Zorro"
        I did not know that. I've seen very few Canadian bi lingual cards or packages. But I have seen the Snake Eyes 82 card and he was still called Snake Eyes in both French and English on his file card. Looks like he was indeed called Zorro on at least the Ninja Force card. Cool.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• msenger76
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 3, 2009

Originally posted by cjefferys
          Snake Eyes had a beaver instead of a wolf, and instead of Refrigerator Perry, our mail away figure was Wayne Gretzky code name: Hat Trick.
          and here i am frantically searching ebay for the Gretzky figure.......oh i wish that was true

Comment

• Boris71
            GeekBot' For Life
            • May 13, 2007

Did they change the origin of cobra commander in Canada? In the UK they gad Baron Ironblood, from the original 5 POA line become cobra commander in the Action Force Comics, after he destroyed the Red Shadows, we then had the regular goes like duke and gung ho
            Check out my Electronic Mag here Psycho Styrene Modeling Magazine

Comment

• jwyblejr
              galactic yo-yo
              • Apr 6, 2006

Here in the States,Cobra Commander use to be a used car salesman.

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

Skip ahead to 52:55 to see some of the crazy changes done to RAH to change it into the Action Force cartoon in the UK. Full Force!! Ah, yeah, it's probably worse than Hero Turtles.

Last edited by Werewolf; Mar 6, '19, 8:46 PM.

Comment

• comicmike
                  Persistent Member
                  • Sep 22, 2009

Originally posted by palitoy
                  Some of the French names were interesting ..."Dial Tone" was "Dic Click"
                  I don't think I'll Google that one from my work computer

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Were Bob and Doug or Dudley DoRight inducted into the Real Canadian Heroes line? Or Geddy Lee?
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• tay666
                      Career Member
                      • Dec 27, 2008

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                      Were Bob and Doug or Dudley DoRight inducted into the Real Canadian Heroes line? Or Geddy Lee?
                      OMG!
                      Someone needs to do a Saturday morning cartoon with the 4 of them as a crime fighting unit!

Comment

• jwyblejr
                        galactic yo-yo
                        • Apr 6, 2006

Was the file card for Back-Stop the same as it was here? Did it say he was ran out of Canada for playing hockey too rough?

Comment

• Werewolf
                          Inhuman
                          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by jwyblejr
                          Did it say he was ran out of Canada for playing hockey too rough?
                          I had to look him up on yojoe.com. It did! I never had that figure I tended to stick to characters that were in the cartoon.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by tay666
                            OMG!
                            Someone needs to do a Saturday morning cartoon with the 4 of them as a crime fighting unit!
                            Throw in Anne Murray and Shatner and its an all star team.
                            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                              Museum Paramedic
                              • Aug 31, 2005

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                              Throw in Anne Murray and Shatner and its an all star team.
                              You forgot Gordon Lightfoot, Neil Young and Joni Mitchell.

- Ian
                              Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎