X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Makernaut
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by PNGwynne
    I personally would have preferred she remain Ms. Marvel, as the only Captain Marvel I acknowledge is the Big Red Cheese.
    That's my main hang-up with the movie and all of that was going on before I was born.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Me too, but I'm loyal.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

never forget the real victim in this carnage.

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Ye gods, I had forgotten about that lol.

Stan Lee is Dr. Fate?
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

I have a couple of them, they're just terrible.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• megowgsh
              Customego HoF Curator
              • Nov 19, 2003

I thought it was a perfect lead-in to Avengers: End Game. A worthy prequel if you will.
              Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                HULK SMASH!
                • Apr 3, 2010

Yeah, it was okay. Not brilliant, but still enjoyable.
                Lots of spectacular action set pieces and some memorable scenes.
                Not the best MCU movie, but certainly not the worst, either.
                The two mid/end credits sequences are worth sticking around for.
                Next up: Endgame!
                PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Fuzzysnail
                  Persistent Member
                  • Feb 18, 2007

We finally know what happened to Nick Furys Eye!!!!

Comment

• drquest
                    ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                    • Apr 17, 2012

My son and I caught this on Sunday. It was fun, not the best MCU movie, but we enjoyed it. Some of the 90's stuff seemed kind of forced, and in your face, but we liked it.

Since this is spoiler thread, I'm a little confused about the whole Lightspeed engine story, which drove the whole thing. I got the tesseract was involved, and the Kree, but why would they need to create such a thing. I know it was for the Skrulls, but there's wormholes that they use to travel today to other parts of the galaxy and it's way quicker than the speed of light to get places.
                    Danny(Drquest)
                    Captain Action HQ
                    Retro shirts and stuff
                    More retro shirts
                    Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Random Axe
                      The Voice of Reason
                      • Apr 16, 2008

The film was pretty good, but front loaded with a truckload of dull. The first 45 minutes was uninspired and leaning heavily on Marvel reputation alone to carry it through to the climax. Here's a few observations and musins:

* Larson is pretty good in this role. I'd read she was devoid of personality, but that's to be expected when you have no memories of self. Personality was learned from the Kree.
                      * I almost teared up in the beginning scroll/page flips with all of the Stan Lee shots. He has his detractors and his reputation is spotty, but there was nobody more faithful to the industry.
                      * I LOVE he juxtaposition of the Kree/Skrull war. I thought Talos was fantastic throughout. Didn't realize that was Director Krenneck from Rouge One.
                      * The flarkin reveal was genius, never saw that coming.
                      * So, Marvel can de-age Fury and make it completely convincing and believable through the entire film and yet WB can't properly remove Superman's moustache in seven scenes?
                      * They did a poor job defining her powers and capabilities and seemed they made it up as they went along. Far overpowered from the limited glimpses we see here.
                      * Nice shout out to Monica Rambeau.
                      * Still would have liked to see the real Mar-Vell cameo instead of it being Annette Benning.
                      * The tesseract obliterated Red Skull and burned a hole through several steel layers of an aircraft but was held in check by Fonzie?

I liked the movie but I think maybe I was expecting too much?
                      I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                        HULK SMASH!
                        • Apr 3, 2010

Originally posted by Random Axe
                        * Still would have liked to see the real Mar-Vell cameo instead of it being Annette Benning.
                        Yeah, I thought that, too. Would've been cool.
                        PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
                          Career Member
                          • Jun 8, 2015

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                          Mar-Vell's been dead for close to 40 years, they need to get over it. I don't recall him even showing up in Infinity War either. Its not a PC thing, Danvers is a legit character in her own right.
                          Actually she is not.

Carol Danvers has been a very sad and devoid character for decades.

David Michelline gave her perhaps her greatest role, which No ONE seems to wanna talk about as the WIDOW MARCUS (Avengers # 197-200)

Then Chris Claremont tried to mold her into some thing as BINARY and where did that go, especially after he wrote a good story on Avengers Annual # 10!

Then Kurt Busiek & George Perez take her and make her WARBIRD!?!?!

and finally they decide to TOSS her the mantle to MAR-VELL!

If all these ACCOMPLISHED writers could NOT make her A) likeable, B) productive in the Marvel Universe, C) give her staying power; at their respective times writing her, then it is sad that Marvel just takes a Noble dead man's legacy and tosses it to her.

What kills me is that THANOS has been back from the DEAD, so many times since the Silver Silver run in the 80's/90's. but Mar-Vell who is so revered has been...

Dead.

Hell, they even killed off his SON and demolished the legacy to AVENGERS FOREVER!

I liked the movie and know this has nothing to do with the comics, but ever since I heard rumblings that Mar-Vell would be back in the pages of GOTG, I had hope.

I walked outta the theatre feeling very sad, that like GOTG, the real Mar-Vell would never get his just due.

Comment

• megomania
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jan 2, 2010

Originally posted by hedrap
                            I don't think politics will be the problem. I think it's going to be the kitschy 90's setting. I keep pointing out no straight-laced model-looking chick was wearing a NIN shirt in the 90's. Hot Topic did not exist and those girls were nowhere near an alt-industrial show. She would be sporting Hootie or Dave Matthews, but that scene hasn't aged well, so it would make her look like a trendoid. I knew a girl who was a lot like this Danvers; cute blonde who joined the air force. She was the most straight-laced girl alive. There was nothing edgy about her and certainly not a smartass.

So I haven't seen anything authentic about Danvers, not in the way Stark, Rogers, T'Challa and Strange have traits that are credible to their characters.
                            The first Hot Topic store was opened in Montclair Plaza (CA) in 1989

Comment

• powersthatbe
                              Persistent Member
                              • Sep 27, 2010

I thought it was ok,it was worth it though just for the stan lee thing at the beginning.I think though a Jessica Drew spider woman movie would rock,I always thought of her as marvel's premiere heroine,remembering her 70s cartoon.they have mastered now the youth cgi thing with sam Jackson and Coulson,and sam relay seemed to be having fun with this one.

Comment

• TheMegoGuy
                                Museum Super Collector
                                • Jan 26, 2014

Originally posted by powersthatbe
                                they have mastered now the youth cgi thing with sam Jackson and Coulson
                                I was surprised how good that looked

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎