X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ScottA
    Original Member
    • Jun 25, 2001

Tornados in Alabama

We had some really bad weather here in AL yesterday and last night. We had an EF4 tornado hit in Lee County near the Georgia line (about 50 miles east of me) but just 10 miles south of my youngest son. To say we were a little on edge is an understatement. Unfortuantely 23 people, including 3 children, lost their lives. The tornado was a mile wide and was on the ground for 24 miles as it went into Georgia. We also had an EF2 in Macon County and an EF2 in Barbour County with major damage.

The price we pay for living in the south.

We are fine as is my son. But please keep my state in your prayers as we deal with the massive cleanup.

Thanks,

Scott
    sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Glad you are safe Scott, but so sorry to hear of this. My thoughts and prayers with everyone affected by this.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• rykerw1701
      Persistent Member
      • Aug 27, 2007

Just terrible seeing all the devastation on TV, it really puts things into perspective. Glad to hear one of our own made it out OK.

Comment

• GlobalObserver
        Persistent Member
        • Aug 12, 2004

I live in west-central GA on the Muscogee/Talbot/Marion county line, and I used to work in Lee County, Alabama.

Sunday afternoon was scary.

Lots of damage in my neck of the woods, but my family was spared from any major problems.

Thoughts and best wishes to those less fortunate.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎