Hawkman!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Orion1
    • Apr 7, 2010

Nice Headsculpt and color choices. However, with that cheap looking harness and "felt" wings its time to play the FTC unboxing theme please...

Comment

• tllgn
      Persistent Member
      • Feb 6, 2010

i bought a couple hawkmans ,i would have chosen a different wing assembly ,but i really like him .the head sculpt is good ,its bright and vibrant colorful .i dig him .

Comment

• tllgn
        Persistent Member
        • Feb 6, 2010

The wings assembly ,if they had to keep cost down ,would probably worked better if they made a plastic or a durable wire wing frame with the screen print clothe sewn around it with three metal snaps instead of
        the velcro for each wing .something like that maybe .sure the snaps would come loose if you played with the toy ,but velcro can wear out also .i hope FTC makes a mace sometime .to complete the figure

Comment

• Arthur Junior
          • Dec 12, 2018

What I don't like about this figure is the skin-toned "vest" he wears. Is it really necessary? I think he will look weird specially when displayed with Apache Chief, Eldorado and Samurai - who have their torso apparent. Is it just to hold the wings? Maybe they can be attached to his "He-man-esque top armor", can't they?

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

It's to hold the wings, via velcro.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• scott metzger
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by PNGwynne
              It's to hold the wings, via velcro.
              But the sleeveless look is...odd. It just calls more attention to itself by exposing the bare arms. Should have gone full Mego Tarzan and just had a full top with sleeves to serve the same function.

Comment

• The Bat
                Batman Fanatic
                • Jul 14, 2002

That's a really nice looking figure...very Megoey!!
                sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by scott metzger
                  But the sleeveless look is...odd. It just calls more attention to itself by exposing the bare arms. Should have gone full Mego Tarzan and just had a full top with sleeves to serve the same function.
                  The whole figure is odd, let's be honest. Once I had one of these in hand, my reaction was not positive. Admittedly, I have longstanding problems (not concerns, after 5 years) that are idiosyncratic and obviously never going to be addressed by FTC's design or production team.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 4, 2011

I received my Hawkman and it's definitely hit and miss.
                    Hit: Head sculpt
                    Miss: No Mace, Floppy wings, loose neck, lame snap-on boots that never stay just where you want them to AND they make his legs look funny, wierd twist to the body and god knows what he's spitting up with that black mouth paint. Overall, more of the same from FTC.

Comment

• TrekStar
                      Trek or Treat
                      • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by lilbrosj66
                      I received my Hawkman and it's definitely hit and miss.
                      Hit: Head sculpt
                      Miss: No Mace, Floppy wings, loose neck, lame snap-on boots that never stay just where you want them to AND they make his legs look funny, wierd twist to the body and god knows what he's spitting up with that black mouth paint. Overall, more of the same from FTC.
                      Sounds like there's more misses than hits with Hawkman, and not worth the price.

Comment

• Boywonder0
                        Persistent Member
                        • Dec 29, 2007

Hawkman is Figure of the Year IMO...

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Boywonder0
                          Hawkman is Figure of the Year IMO...
                          sorry, but Bela Lugosi or Nosferatu bury that mess of a bird guy.
                          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• DaniellePlaysWithToys
                            Youngest Mego Fan
                            • Aug 30, 2019

If you can get a Birdman figure, it'll be the perfect addendum.
                            FTC apologist, Hawkman stan, and Cybatom shipper.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎