Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Hawkman!

Nice Headsculpt and color choices. However, with that cheap looking harness and "felt" wings its time to play the FTC unboxing theme please...

i bought a couple hawkmans ,i would have chosen a different wing assembly ,but i really like him .the head sculpt is good ,its bright and vibrant colorful .i dig him .

The wings assembly ,if they had to keep cost down ,would probably worked better if they made a plastic or a durable wire wing frame with the screen print clothe sewn around it with three metal snaps instead of
    the velcro for each wing .something like that maybe .sure the snaps would come loose if you played with the toy ,but velcro can wear out also .i hope FTC makes a mace sometime .to complete the figure

What I don't like about this figure is the skin-toned "vest" he wears. Is it really necessary? I think he will look weird specially when displayed with Apache Chief, Eldorado and Samurai - who have their torso apparent. Is it just to hold the wings? Maybe they can be attached to his "He-man-esque top armor", can't they?

Images
    Blog Entries
    It's to hold the wings, via velcro.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post
    It's to hold the wings, via velcro.
    But the sleeveless look is...odd. It just calls more attention to itself by exposing the bare arms. Should have gone full Mego Tarzan and just had a full top with sleeves to serve the same function.

Images
    That's a really nice looking figure...very Megoey!!

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    But the sleeveless look is...odd. It just calls more attention to itself by exposing the bare arms. Should have gone full Mego Tarzan and just had a full top with sleeves to serve the same function.
    The whole figure is odd, let's be honest. Once I had one of these in hand, my reaction was not positive. Admittedly, I have longstanding problems (not concerns, after 5 years) that are idiosyncratic and obviously never going to be addressed by FTC's design or production team.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Images
    I received my Hawkman and it's definitely hit and miss.
    Hit: Head sculpt
    Miss: No Mace, Floppy wings, loose neck, lame snap-on boots that never stay just where you want them to AND they make his legs look funny, wierd twist to the body and god knows what he's spitting up with that black mouth paint. Overall, more of the same from FTC.

Quote Originally Posted by lilbrosj66 View Post
    I received my Hawkman and it's definitely hit and miss.
    Hit: Head sculpt
    Miss: No Mace, Floppy wings, loose neck, lame snap-on boots that never stay just where you want them to AND they make his legs look funny, wierd twist to the body and god knows what he's spitting up with that black mouth paint. Overall, more of the same from FTC.
    Sounds like there's more misses than hits with Hawkman, and not worth the price.