X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • captact
    King of Super Queens!
    • Aug 19, 2007

He is soooo awesooooooome!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by captact; Mar 7, '19, 3:29 AM.

Comment

• captact
      King of Super Queens!
      • Aug 19, 2007

OMG!!!! Cant wait to buy one!!!!!!!!!!! Ive always dreamed of having a Hawkman ever since Mego started with their Super Heroes line!!!, to bad postage is a killer! No Mace included????

Comment

• DC_Guy
        Museum Super Collector
        • Sep 18, 2008

I got mine in the mail last night. Overall, I like him. The wings are a bit disappointing (and it took me a long time to figure out exactly how to attach them--I'm still not sure I got it right), but they're so much like what Mego would have done in the 70s that it doesn't bother me much. My only real complaint is the head: the sculpt is magnificent, but the head is so loose on the neck that it sort of flops around with any movement, and he ends up looking behind him most of the time. Anybody have any ideas on how to tighten this?

Also, I was thinking about hooking him up with some of Hawkman's trademark "ancient weapons." Does anyone know if there are loose Conan maces, axes or whatever available?

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

i got mine today too, looks great but mine has the same issue with the loose head. of well, I have him displayed and the wings pretty much hold the head in place. childhood me would have flipped out for a Hawkman Mego

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
            Muddling through
            • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by DC_Guy
            Also, I was thinking about hooking him up with some of Hawkman's trademark "ancient weapons." Does anyone know if there are loose Conan maces, axes or whatever available?
            Dr Mego has a large mace that would work

Comment

• tllgn
              Persistent Member
              • Feb 6, 2010

I also got hawkman.trump and obama.hawkman is really nice.very .great sculpt . president Trump and president Obama have very nice sculpts as well.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                Muddling through
                • Oct 4, 2008

he doesn't really stand straight either. kind of leans to one side

Comment

• TRDouble
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jul 10, 2012

I received my FTC order today... ah, FTC *sigh*

I will just talk about Hawkman here.

I ordered the regular, retro Hawkman. Nice looking figure, overall. Nice head sculpt and no bobblehead effect on mine, which was nice to see. The head moves back and forth a bit, but I have to use my hand to move it; if I shake the figure, the head stays stable.

The costume was nicely done. Not sure I like the tank top effect -- would have preferred full sleeves -- but it is not off putting or anything. Full length pants would have been better too, but they are long enough and using some old green rubber bands from my daughter's braces helped keep the leggings down.

When you order online, you never know what you will get. My Hawkman is missing some yellow paint on the beak due to paint rub on the clamshell. There is a snag in the flesh part of the uniform, but it's not a deal breaker. What is the deal breaker?...

I got one of the crappy FTC bodies. Apparently, I am not the only one. From the permanent hip twist, the left arm that has a chopping down action feature and the left hip that wants to remain turned inwards, making the uniform look wrong... it just ruined the whole figure for me. I didn't even get to the wings. Literally. They are still in the bag.

I considered moving it to a Type S body, and going through the whole tedious process of transferring the plug-in boots, but the skin tone would be so off to the head and the flesh tone top, that it wouldn't look right.

So, until I can figure out what to do with him...

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ Send FTC some pics, maybe they will make it right. Too bad about this figure. The flesh wife beater and short pant legs kill it for me.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• TRDouble
                      Permanent Member
                      • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                      ^^^ Send FTC some pics, maybe they will make it right. Too bad about this figure. The flesh wife beater and short pant legs kill it for me.
                      Honestly, I'm tired of trying to get FTC to, "make it right", especially when it comes to the shoddy bodies. At this point, unless the body is broken or super floppy (as is the case with the skinny and fat bodies sometimes), I'm better off replacing it with something that's better quality and chalking up the $30 as spent on a fully painted head sculpt and costume, which I think FTC does a pretty decent job on both these days.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by TRDouble
                        Honestly, I'm tired of trying to get FTC to, "make it right", especially when it comes to the shoddy bodies. At this point, unless the body is broken or super floppy (as is the case with the skinny and fat bodies sometimes), I'm better off replacing it with something that's better quality and chalking up the $30 as spent on a fully painted head sculpt and costume, which I think FTC does a pretty decent job on both these days.
                        then maybe they should stop selling bodies all together and just sell Captain Action style costume sets for the same price if 30 bucks is acceptable for that.
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• TRDouble
                          Permanent Member
                          • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                          then maybe they should stop selling bodies all together and just sell Captain Action style costume sets for the same price if 30 bucks is acceptable for that.
                          I would be happy with that! Sell them from the start in a baggy for $20-22, like they do when they part them out.

Seriously though, I get the frustration. $30 should buy you a fully functioning figure, not one that has to be fixed or replaced. I'll spend $20 plus on a custom costume that still requires some work on my part, and I have no desire to start customizing heads, so I am happy to get a good, fully painted FTC head of a character that I want. That doesn't absolve the company of still having crappy bodies at this stage of the game, and I definitely exercise my displeasure more with non-purchases at $30 a pop compared to when they were $20, and returns of bad non-body items (sticky Flash boots, Supergirl skirt variant TWICE!). But I pick & choose what I can live with for the price. It's too bad because the bodies are my biggest issue with FTC. And they aren't even consistently bad.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

Since Batman '66 seems to have run out of steam I've not bought a lot from them. Want to cobble together a better Poison Ivy to fill in with the 66 stuff and am waiting on Hugo Strange. May get a Man- Bat to use for the head, with that at least I get a usable body for another custom.

Comment

• comicmike
                              Persistent Member
                              • Sep 22, 2009

Catch some video reviews for FTC Hawkman:

Comment

• thunderbolt
                                Hi Ernie!!!
                                • Feb 15, 2004

wow those wings suck.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎