X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Neutron X
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 22, 2007

Milliput and glue questions

Been a while since I picked up any custom supply stuff so I need some help. I bought my first Milliput so need some advice to not waste it. I want to add hair to a vintage Mego head using Milliput. Do I need to stuff the head first? If yes, with what? Milliput comes in a small container so would hate to waste it all on stuffing a head. Hot glue maybe???? Clay? Sand?

I used to use a glue called Zap a Cap but couldn't find it at Hobby Lobby they had something called Extreme Power is this the same stuff? It also has a spray activator that sets quickly. Same?

I appreciate any help anyone wants to offer. I want to do a custom head on 12in Mego body but I think it will take most of the miiliput I bought. Should I start with a Aluminum foil middle to save on clay?

I have bought a few resin heads but they need necks added so I want to add a Gijoe style neck and Dremil for post hole ect. Milliput strong enough for this?

Any help would be fantastic!!!
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

Hot glue will soften and warp the shape of the head before it cools and becomes solid, so I'd forget that idea. Maybe non-expanding plaster?

Comment

• scott metzger
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 9, 2007

I just got some Apoxie Sculpt off Amazon and will be trying it sometime in the near future for pretty much the same thing you're talking about. I've heard good things about it, but haven't tried it myself just yet.

Comment

• Confessional
        Maker & Whatnot
        • Aug 8, 2012

^^ Apoxie Sculpt works great inside of vinyl heads for a solid foundation to work on.

Comment

• sprytel
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 26, 2009

You can fill a vinyl head with air dry clay.

Comment

• Neutron X
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 22, 2007

Thanks Guys!!!!! Glad to have more info before wasting supplies.

Comment

• dr_cyclops
              One eyed, wonder
              • Dec 17, 2009

My work has been done here.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡