Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Little Off Topic, But What do you Think???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ddgaff1132
    Persistent Member
    • Oct 3, 2007

A Little Off Topic, But What do you Think???

134_0771.jpg
    134_0773.jpg
    I found these during a recent Thrift store hunt. They are Barbie related and of course too big for Mego. So I'm restoring them to use with some of my BIg Jims. They are missing the forward bubbles and also look as if they had knobs on the side to lower and raise the the bubble visors. My restore idea was to use clear plastic ornaments. So I bought several online, but during another thrift store outing I picked up some old cheapie gold ornaments and found their diameter to be a good fit as well. So for some fun on a sunday I figured I'd ask my fellow customizers what they liked better, Clear glass or the iconic NASA gold tinted visor look. What do you think.
    Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
    MEGO MOTORS
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

well, the gold looks neat but you can't see the head inside once it is on

Comment

• Neutron X
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 22, 2007

I gotta go with clear. It is up to you which you like better.

Comment

• sprytel
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 26, 2009

Kinda reminds me of Billy Blastoff.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

what do I think? I think you need to send them to me. Those are really cool. I am looking for something like that for Johann Krauss.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Gad,how I wish those were Mego scale.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎