Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JediJaida
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 14, 2008

I think it is a Cygirl body. The new one I'm expecting isn't, but it's similar.
    JediJaida

Comment

• TRDouble
      Permanent Member
      • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by JediJaida
      Ugh! It always comes out sideways!
      I use the Basic Uploader too, but I usually modify my pictures first. If you take a picture and upload it, unmodified, depending on how you took the picture, it will upload sideways. I found this to be true with other online systems too, even though it opens in the right orientation on my computer.

Comment

• scott metzger
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 9, 2007

I think it is a Cygirl body. The new one I'm expecting isn't, but it's similar.
        Always did like those; they remind me of Megos a lot.

Comment

• JediJaida
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 14, 2008

It wasn't a Cygirl body. The skin tone was WAY too pale, the legs were spindly and skinny and the whole thing just isn't what I wanted.

I consider this a fail.
          JediJaida

Comment

• scott metzger
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 9, 2007

It wasn't a Cygirl body. The skin tone was WAY too pale, the legs were spindly and skinny and the whole thing just isn't what I wanted.

I consider this a fail.
            Kumik or Poptoys, likely. Anorexic and not Mego-like at all.

Comment

• darkbros
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by TRDouble
              I use the Basic Uploader too, but I usually modify my pictures first. If you take a picture and upload it, unmodified, depending on how you took the picture, it will upload sideways. I found this to be true with other online systems too, even though it opens in the right orientation on my computer.
              ROTFL!
              Take the picture with my iPhone XS
              Post to FaceBook Custommego/MegoMania/Mego Ambssador page, they post correctly ( orientation & size)
              Take same picture try to upload here through the Basic Uploader: If I'm lucky, all it will do is rotate it. If the uploader is truly ^$%$#^&&$^# that day, then it will upload it rotated and as a thumbnail size.

The only way I've gotten to get it to "work" with the basic uploader is to take my pictures, copy them over to my Mac from the iPhone,
              open them in Photoshop, save them back to the hard drive as jpgs, and then upload through the web browser on my iMac,
              by passing my iPhone entirely.

so sorry, I'm not seeing the "all online systems" do this, but I'll concede YMMV due to different Phone type/ Device used to take pictures and upload to here.
              For me, No thanks, I'll just stick to Facebook.....
              Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
              https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------
              "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• TRDouble
                Permanent Member
                • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by darkbros
                ROTFL!
                Take the picture with my iPhone XS
                Post to FaceBook Custommego/MegoMania/Mego Ambssador page, they post correctly ( orientation & size)
                Take same picture try to upload here through the Basic Uploader: If I'm lucky, all it will do is rotate it. If the uploader is truly ^$%$#^&&$^# that day, then it will upload it rotated and as a thumbnail size.

The only way I've gotten to get it to "work" with the basic uploader is to take my pictures, copy them over to my Mac from the iPhone,
                open them in Photoshop, save them back to the hard drive as jpgs, and then upload through the web browser on my iMac,
                by passing my iPhone entirely.

so sorry, I'm not seeing the "all online systems" do this, but I'll concede YMMV due to different Phone type/ Device used to take pictures and upload to here.
                For me, No thanks, I'll just stick to Facebook.....
                Well, you did quote & bold my text where I said, "I found this to be true with other online systems too", so obviously, I never said "all online systems", but as you correctly said, YMMV.
                Last edited by TRDouble; Mar 30, '19, 3:41 PM.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 4, 2011

I bought the full WW figure and a female body and Supergirl head for a custom. The WW head looks OK. Not fantastic but a little flat on both sides. The Supergirl head was NIGHTMARE to get on the body and the head is very flat on the sides. Like noticeably so. Not sure what I will do to fix it. Maybe a dip in hot water and then put it in a pair of vice grips, front to back, to even out the shape of the head.

Comment

• comicmike
                    Persistent Member
                    • Sep 22, 2009

You mean the 12" scale FTC both *WW head and the *Supergirl heads? The head shape (especially the Supergirl?) AND the changability are both challenging?

Grrrr.
                    Last edited by comicmike; Apr 15, '19, 2:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎