X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JediJaida
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 14, 2008

New heads from CTVT

They finally have new female heads on the 12 inch size. I just ordered a bunch of them.

When I get them I will post pics.
    JediJaida
  • comicmike
    Persistent Member
    • Sep 22, 2009

Ah! Great catch!!
    I see in their "new items 2019" they also have the
    4 x Alter Ego 12"-scale heads.
    Their "12" custom male and female heads" section shows all the different hair color varieties.
    ✔️Very cool. Thanks for the heads up.
    Last edited by comicmike; Feb 28, '19, 1:59 PM.

Comment

• Brown Bear
      Still Old School
      • Feb 14, 2008

They have some new ape custom stuff too for Alan and Pete
      Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Confessional
        Maker & Whatnot
        • Aug 8, 2012

^^ Quality looks questionable on the fringe-y frabric, but I like the idea of building out some villager humans and farmer Apes with some of these pieces:

Comment

• scott metzger
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 9, 2007

I picked up one female 12" head and body, but am not planning on picking up a bunch. Given the Mary Marvel 12" figure and the picture of the loose Supergirl on FTC's site, the new standard heads are way too small for the bodies (why can't FTC fix this recurrent problem?). I'll see how this one looks, but I think this is going to be a major deal breaker for future purchases. The Daisy head is good scale, but that big grin is a major problem with using her for much. 12" Supes head looks good appearance and scale-wise, as does Bruce, so those are likely to find their way to me in multiples.

Comment

• comicmike
            Persistent Member
            • Sep 22, 2009

Originally posted by scott metzger
            12" head and body ... on FTC's site...
            12" Supes head looks good appearance and scale-wise, as does Bruce, so those are likely to find their way to me in multiples.
            Re: http://figurestoycompany.com/images/...BatmanCowl.jpg

I'm quite curious how the 12" Bruce Wayne head actually translates in a real life sample, appearing beneath the 12" RC Batman
            (in light of when I see these merch pictures vs. the loose 12" Bruce heads). I am wondering because sometimes FTC pics flatter the product (& I may be not as excited when I hold it in hand), while other times their online pics do not make the product look as appealing, but surprisingly translate well when holding the item in person.

Last edited by comicmike; Mar 1, '19, 1:21 PM.

Comment

• Brown Bear
              Still Old School
              • Feb 14, 2008

I was half tempted to swap the 12” Aquaman head for a blonde Bruce head, because I never liked the 8” Aqua head and also I always liked how the 12” heads differed from the 8”.
              Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• scott metzger
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 9, 2007

So bummed about the female head. Got Supergirl and an extra head and body, and the tiny pin head looks ridiculous on both. They got it perfect with the 8" figures; I don't know what went wrong here. Right now we only have the Daisy head as a usable option, and that goofy smile is not conducive for customs. I guess maybe we might get the IG head in this scale, but right now we're at a 50-50 chance it will suffer the same problem as the Supergirl/Wonder Woman head I guess (maybe worse if the Batgirl head isn't based directly on the SG head with the mask sculpted on). There are other 12" scale heads out there, but trying to match flesh tones is a nightmare.

Comment

• JediJaida
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 14, 2008

My 12 inch batgirl head seems to be fine, as well as the Mary Marvel head.
                  JediJaida

Comment

• JediJaida
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 14, 2008

Well, I received the heads that I ordered and they aren't pinheads at all. They are the same size as the Batgirl figure and they fit onto a Takara CG figure that I had.20190305_173340.jpg20190305_173340.jpg
                    JediJaida

Comment

• JediJaida
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 14, 2008

Ugh! It always comes out sideways!
                      20190305_173340.jpg
                      20190305_173340.jpg
                      JediJaida

Comment

• darkbros
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by JediJaida
                        Ugh! It always comes out sideways!
                        It's the stupid Basic Uploader..that I've been complaining about for years. It's why I've just switched over to only posting on the FB pages now.

Here I fixed them for you:
                        takara-2.jpg
                        Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
                        https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
                        ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                        "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• darkbros
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 3, 2012

and again...
                          takara-1.jpg
                          Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
                          https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
                          ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                          "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• JediJaida
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 14, 2008

Thank you.

I just realized that the neck post is a bit too large for the head. But I'm not about to pull it off the post. I ordered a female body from China, and I will post pics when I get it. It cost about the same as an FTC body, but looks to be better constructed.
                            JediJaida

Comment

• scott metzger
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 9, 2007

My 12 inch batgirl head seems to be fine, as well as the Mary Marvel head.
                              I got Mary Marvel. That's when I first noticed how badly undersized the heads are:

mary.jpgsupergirl.jpg

Brown haired head I got to go with the 12" body is the same. Sorry, looks as bad as Alfred's huge noggin, if not worse. Reminds me of a Rob Liefeld drawing...

Well, I received the heads that I ordered and they aren't pinheads at all. They are the same size as the Batgirl figure and they fit onto a Takara CG figure that I had.[ATTACH=CONFIG]24997[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]24997[/ATTACH]
                              Very familiar with the Cy Girl figures (I've made about 15 customs from them in the past few months); proportions are different on some of those, especially when you use the small chested torso option you show there. That later type of body is thinner and lankier in build, so the head naturally does look better. Point is, the heads aren't made to go on a Cy Girl. They're made to go on a body that's too big for them.

Edit: I didn't notice you said you had just gotten it from China. Is it not an actual Cy Girl/Cool Girl body, but one of the similar ones available these days? Construction looked Cy Girl, and the hands definitely are, but those hands can fit a lot of figures.
                              Last edited by scott metzger; Mar 8, '19, 9:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎