Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

they are doing Funko pops of the whole band so why not Mego style for the whole band

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

Post #9 ^^^^^

sigpic

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
        Definitely onboard for Queen figures, but is there a sufficient American market for it?
        For Freddie Mercury i'd yes, without a doubt

For the rest of the band including May, I think they'd be peg-warmers

Nothing against them, there just isn't many bands that would be worthy of a full band run like Beatles, Monkees, Rolling Stones, Bee Gees etc.

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Mikey
          For Freddie Mercury i'd yes, without a doubt

For the rest of the band including May, I think they'd be peg-warmers

Nothing against them, there just isn't many bands that would be worthy of a full band run like Beatles, Monkees, Rolling Stones, Bee Gees etc.
          Brian May is highly recognizable. Not only tall with that lion’s mane, but has one of the most distinct guitar sounds in rock with his Red Special, a world famous iconic guitar. He also wrote near half of Queen’s songs. And lastly, how many astrophysicists became rock stars? He never took drugs, never got drunk, and is known as one of the nicest people on the planet. Brian May (we) WILL ROCK (which he wrote, lol).

Queen is huge around the world. Believe it or not, they beat The Beatles in many categories in the UK, look it up.

The Monkees more worthy than Queen?

You mean that fabricated TV band? How many hit songs the actual band members wrote?

Each Queen members is better at singing, playing, and writing their songs than The Monkees could ever dream of.

Come on man, that’s insulting, lol.

Queen has played in front of a live crowd of a quarter million people, yes, 250,000 screaming fans.

Their Live Aid performance is considered by many as one of the greatest live concert performances in rock history.

The Monkees sold 75 million albums. Queen sold 300 million. However, having said that, The Monkees would be big as MEGOS, as they sync in with TV and the nostalgic time period. I’ll give you that.

The Bee Gees have the advantage of being only a trio. But I’d prefer Rush then, ha.

Rolling Stones, only Jagger and Richards.

The Beatles are the only ones that trump everybody.

I’d throw Led Zeppelin into the mix...but just Plant and Page.

Love or hate Queen, as I said before, no other 70s rock band right now is hotter. Their movie is nearing one billion dollars at the box office. Winning Oscars. Their songs are in constant commercials. Sports stadiums play their anthem everywhere. They are the oldie IT band right now.

The ONE band that beats them all in terms of action figures is KISS, as they are practically superheroes...

Last edited by Hector; Mar 5, '19, 7:12 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

Having posted all that, Mike...if you like The Monkees better, hey, nothing wrong with that...I can respect that.

But Queen is my favorite band ever...and if you get in my way, I will...

sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
              Muddling through
              • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by Hector
              Post #9 ^^^^^

i know, that was how I knew about them. my point was if those ugly things will sell, then Mego versions would definitely sell

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

Exactly. As big as a Queen fan I am...not interested in those Funko things. I want Queen Megos.
                sigpic

Comment

• Mikey
                  Verbose Member
                  • Aug 9, 2001

I didn't say I like the Monkees better than Queen or Zeppelin

I just think the band members other than Mercury wouldn't sell to the average person.

That said, I totally love Pink Floyd - my favorite band of all time !!! - but I don't think they would sell much outside the Floyd Freak sphere.

Just trying to look at things through an average person's eyes.... (which are the group which will make or break a line)

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎