X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mikeMc6
    Persistent Member
    • Mar 24, 2012

Please help me claim legit ness on Clark head

20190226_224131.jpg20190226_224207.jpg20190226_224353.jpg20190226_224216.jpg

Hello guys, I need help assessing the legitimacy of the darker clark head in pics. The head on left is as supes head for comparison. The head attached to body and suit is a legit and dirty clark head for added comparison I picked up from a trusted member.

I can provide more pics. Any thoughts on legit -ness?
    The darker head also has a sheen to it almost like glitter, I have been told early heads can have that look. Thoughts?
    INEPT VINTAGE WISENHEIMER
    WANTS: Thrashed Riddler Box, RM mask (beater ok) ...and a pony
  • mikeMc6
    Persistent Member
    • Mar 24, 2012

20190226_223842.jpg

Here is a pic of the unplayed and minty mint clothes and complete accessories that came with it. My buddy Lonnie Fisher already gave the legit thumbs up on these pieces...however the head thatbarrived was the supes head...when i told seller it was not a clark she said she had another head and thought they were same! That is the darker one in pics.

Comment

• mikeMc6
      Persistent Member
      • Mar 24, 2012

I am also concerned the copyright appears "scratched out" as opposed to smooth and faint or non existent

Comment

• TheMegoGuy
        Museum Super Collector
        • Jan 26, 2014

I'll check my set tonight. They came straight out of original mailer boxes, so I know everything is original. If I recall correctly, my DG has copyright info and CK has faint copyright info. No copyright info on PP or BW. All four are mocha color. The skin color is dark, but doesn't really have the red hue I see in your pics. The DG in particular is striking compared to RM Robin. Here's a comparison shot from my instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bh7iAhxA..._web_copy_link

I think the mocha skin color looks like the head on the right, not the middle. Lighting matters though.
        Last edited by TheMegoGuy; Feb 27, '19, 11:15 AM.

Comment

• mikeMc6
          Persistent Member
          • Mar 24, 2012

Originally posted by TheMegoGuy
          I'll check my set tonight. They came straight out of original mailer boxes, so I know everything is original. If I recall correctly, my DG has copyright info and CK has faint copyright info. No copyright info on PP or BW. All four are mocha color. The skin color is dark, but doesn't really have the red hue I see in your pics. The DG in particular is striking compared to RM Robin. Here's a comparison shot from my instagram:

I think the mocha skin color looks like the head on the right, not the middle. Lighting matters though.
          Thanks!
          In the top pic, the type 1 head on far left and type 2 head in middle came with a clark kent set i bought. I am so befuddled.

Comment

• glimpy
            Loco Chango
            • Feb 5, 2012

Originally posted by TheMegoGuy

So just because some of these figures have mocha heads, does that instantly make them SI figures? Are there other ways to verify this?
            sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

I thought the mocha tone was the keystone feature of MW's SI heads, the neck stamps vary.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• clemso
                Talkative Member
                • Aug 8, 2001

The mocha flesh tone is the most consistent tell. If you have an SI that you know is 100% original and put it side by side with a questionable head. They will either 100% color match or it is a standard T1 Superman head. The T2 Superman head is often overly sun tanned with shorter neck plug.

Comment

• XXXPHOENIX
                  Veteran Member
                  • Feb 26, 2008

"Mocha" is the key to establish the legitimacy of an AE head.
                  In my collection:
                  Dick Grayson, No copyright, Mocha colour
                  Clark Kent, No copyright, Mocha colour
                  Bruce Wayne, No copyright, Mocha colour...but I also have a BW copyright head in Mocha colour legit as well (previously belonged to John Bonavita)
                  Peter Parker, No copyright, Mocha colour

Comment

• XXXPHOENIX
                    Veteran Member
                    • Feb 26, 2008

Here they are!!!

The PP camera is a Barbie accessory...gently offered by my sister

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎