X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Toy-Ventures 10: Slade Super Agent from Shindana Toys

This week's installment of Toy Ventures is all about one of the coolest action figures of the 1970s, Slade: Super Agent by Shindana.

We talk about Slade but also a little bit about the company that was Shindana toys and how they changed the landscape for the better.

Visit us online at www.plaidstallions.com

Twitter: @plaidstallions

Subscribe to our Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwY..._as=subscriber

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • EmergencyIan
    Museum Paramedic
    • Aug 31, 2005

Great one, Brian! That’s very informative and it’s fun to see those Shindana toys.

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Wee67
      Museum Correspondent
      • Apr 2, 2002

This one is one of your best! Thank for the info on Shindana. I never saw the Slade doll back in the days, but I do remember seeing their JJ doll and, of course, Dr J. I say "of course" because I lived in West Philadelphia and I think the figure came out right about the time Dr J joined the 76ers.
      WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• J.B.
        Guild Navigator
        • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by Wee67
        This one is one of your best! Thank for the info on Shindana. I never saw the Slade doll back in the days, but I do remember seeing their JJ doll and, of course, Dr J. I say "of course" because I lived in West Philadelphia and I think the figure came out right about the time Dr J joined the 76ers.
        Gotta get me a Slade figure one of these days.

You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

Their headsculpts were really nicely done. They do have that polished Mattel look. I never thought about the P.A.C.K. angle, but it makes perfect sense.

If I saw Slade out in the wild for a decent price, I'd have to pick him up. Just a very cool well-made figure. And good on Shindana for breaking those doors down.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

The other reason I think Big Jack probably wasn't drafted into the pack was his expression. I don't see a crime fighter in this:

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎