X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr.Marion
    Permanent Member
    • Sep 15, 2014

Morgan Woodward (Van Gelder) passes away

Morgan Woodward, the silent, menacing mirrored-glasses boss dubbed "The Man with No Eyes" in 'Cool Hand Luke,' has died at age 93.

Neeeroo neeeuu-trrroolizerr

• Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

The man with no eyes

RIP

Comment

• MysteryWho
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 16, 2008

He was my favorite evil Starfleet Captain! Thanks Morgan!

Comment

• TrekStar
        Trek or Treat
        • Jan 20, 2011

He did so many things throughout his career, so many westerns and of course his two characters on Star Trek,
        RIP Morgan Woodward.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Just a fantastic character actor, from Star Trek to Cool Hand Luke to countless Westerns to The Waltons. One of my absolute favorites, he truly shown in anything he did. RIP Mr. Woodward.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

He was the main villain on the Logan's Run TV series (named Morgan) and was on "Kung Fu" a couple of times as well.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• apes3978
              Permanent Member
              • Nov 19, 2005

That's too bad, but still 93 is a very good run... He had a long and varied career, and as others have said, was good in the many roles he played...

I've been watching DVDs of "Gunsmoke" and he was in quite a few episodes... I know he has the "Star Trek" connection, but whenever I see him, my first thought is of him as the blacksmith Martin in the "POTA" episode, "The Horse Race"... RIP...

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                Muddling through
                • Oct 4, 2008

it's funny, he looks so much older than he really was, on those Trek episodes. he would have only been late thirties in his 2 appearances. RIP!

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                  Permanent Member
                  • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                  it's funny, he looks so much older than he really was, on those Trek episodes. he would have only been late thirties in his 2 appearances. RIP!
                  Yeah that's what thought. I was shocked to check his wiki 2 years ago to find out he was still alive.
                  There are a few actors that looked much older than their actual age like Harry Mudd only being 32 in his episode. Same thing with Frank Gorshin as the Riddler.

Comment

• great_chandel
                    Veteran Member
                    • Mar 2, 2015

I loved him in "Gunsmoke!!!!" He was in 19 episodes! Only the late-great Victor French had more appearances! I was a huge fan of his! He was also a very gracious signer through the mail as well! Phenomenal actor!
                    Last edited by great_chandel; Mar 1, '19, 9:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎