X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kerowack
    Career Member
    • Feb 27, 2008

Mister miracle trade by Tom king

I don’t know how I missed this when it was out. It’s amazing. Anybody else read it? I drew these because now I’m hooked.

F073D6D5-47C0-4635-881A-F75BA096D359.jpg1138D2FE-6F13-45EA-9902-477AF2FC6FF3.jpg
  • Obi
    • Feb 1, 2010

I am 2/3 of the way through it.

I was able to get all the individual issues when they came out, but got behind in reading so I am only now getting caught up. I know Tom King's style is not for everybody, but this is wonderful work.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Great fan art!

Is this a TPB collection of the original or a new series? I've always liked Mr. Miracle. Oberon, & Barda.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Obi
        • Feb 1, 2010

This is a TPB of the latest 12 issue maxi-series from August 2017-November 2018 by Tom King and Mitch Gerads.

Comment

• MRP
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by PNGwynne
          Great fan art!

Is this a TPB collection of the original or a new series? I've always liked Mr. Miracle. Oberon, & Barda.
          It's a collection of a 12 issue maxi series that was published in 2017-2018. I picked up the single issues as they came out (I still have the last 2 sitting in my to read pile though). The art by Mitch Gerads is phenomenal-it's done entirely in the 9 panel grid. Tom King is one of DC's top writers currently, and I like his stuff, but he is very much an acquired taste for those with old school tastes in comics, and it takes the Fourth World in some very interesting directions. I like what I have read very much (I ma just behind on new stuff not just Mister Miracle). I first discovered King on the Omega Men maxi series he did that I picked up in trade. He is currently the writer on Batman and the DC event series Heroes in Crisis as well. I've read some of his Batman stuff in trade, but am waiting for Heroes to be collected in trade before reading it.

-M
          "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• samurainoir
            Eloquent Member
            • Dec 26, 2006

This is a great series. Particulary for those who did love the JLI dynamic of Barda and Scott trying to maintain a semblence of a normal life on earth amidst all the New Gods insanity.

Folks who aren't too keen on the post New 52 New Gods will get a kick out of this one.

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎