Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What will you miss from the Target Mego Offerings?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EmergencyIan
    Museum Paramedic
    • Aug 31, 2005

I know that I commented i this thread already, but I wanted to add that I got the impression that The Wizard Of Oz isn’t done and neither is Bewitched. Maybe it’s a misconception on my part as I can’t recall why I think that’s the case.

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Artistix
      • Apr 9, 2012

I seem to be one of the few who really liked getting figures from old sitcoms. It's a shame they sold poorly & I'm glad Mego is moving more towards items that should sell for them.

What will I miss? The missing characters from the smaller sets started mainly:

Married with Children - Bud
      Facts of Life - Mrs. Garrett & Natalie
      Charmed - Paige

The bigger lines I wasn't sure if they'd ever finish anyway. Still plenty of characters:

Brady Bunch - Mike, Carol, Peter, Jan, Cindy & Bobby
      Cheers - Sam, Rebecca, Diane, Carla, Coach, Frasier
      Full House - The dad, uncle Jesse, Joey, Michelle, Rebecca
      Happy Days - Don't know Happy Days characters very well

Comment

• TRDouble
        Permanent Member
        • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by danadoll
        I guess Paige and maybe a Leo from Charned. An Uncle Arthur and a Darrin (or two) from Bewitched?

He did say that they were releasing more OZ figures, if you're into those.
        Good to know! Thanks!

Comment

• Goblin19
          Talkative Member
          • May 2, 2002

Good. I finally took the Oz plunge. I will miss Cheers. Never realized how much I would like those. Just wanted a few more: Sam, Coach, Diane, and Carla would have been enough, though I would have liked a Frazier and Rebecca. My dream figure would have been a Harry the Hat.

Comment

• KnightDetective
            Veteran Member
            • Aug 31, 2012

I'll kinda miss the TV stuff. I think most of their "target" audience is unaware they exist due to the exclusivity, limited marketing, toy department placement, etc. Get 'em in people's faces! More stores, more appropriate placement. Do a deal with the retro tv networks and the dvd boxed set folks. "Would you like a Fonzie to go with your Happy Days dvd, sir? Why yes, don't mind if I do!" Hope they don't throw in the towel on these just yet.

Will also miss the generic custom fodder and *wink-wink, nudge-nudge" headsculpts. (Looking at you, Al "I look better in a red shirt" Bundy!)

Comment

• scott metzger
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 9, 2007

Happy Days figures I would have kept getting just because it was one of their originals. Would have like Kirstie Alley but just for Saavick purposes. Oz apparently isn't done. Admittedly, a lot of the Megos from the first three waves I got because it was Mego's return; likely wouldn't have looked at most of the figures if they were in another format. The properties I most wanted them to continue apparently are doing so.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎