X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

5 Awesome things on Ebay this week

Korean Greatest American Hero trading cards- The best part of this auction is you can get an uncut sheet of these for $11. I'm tempted to frame them.

Spider-Man Bowling Set: I featured this in Rack Toys and it's just so wonderfully absurd although the fairly expected social activity of a middle-class kid from Queens in the 1970s.

Black Hole record from France: Golly, I wonder what Le Trou Noir could mean? The cover art is pretty fantastic here.

Green Lantern Halloween Costume- This has got to be one of the earliest bits of merch the character got, kind of funny that the box is surrounded by Marvel characters.

AIP "I was a Teenage Werewolf" promotional glass- I guess AIP made this as a celebration of the film's success in 1960? I had no idea but it's real gold and this was only given to employees, nice.

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

Regarding the Black Hole cover art...

Seeing the bolts and bits exploding out of the Sentry being blasted made me recall a similar image in the comic adaptation. I guess one inspired the other? I don't think they're the same artist, but it's an interesting similarity.

Comment

• starsky
      veteran member
      • Aug 26, 2007

love how you come up with this stuff!!!

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

I'm curious what the costume for that GL set looks like. I mean, I know they were all silly, but I wonder what they came up with for GL

Comment

• msenger76
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 3, 2009

i missed the teenage werewolf glass! i don't know how i would have explained it to my wife, but that is something i never knew existed, but now i need!

Comment

• Marvelmania
            A Ray of Sunshine
            • Jun 17, 2001

As a former collectable glass nerd I'm in awe of that AIP promo glass

Comment

• tay666
              Career Member
              • Dec 27, 2008

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
              I'm curious what the costume for that GL set looks like. I mean, I know they were all silly, but I wonder what they came up with for GL
              Click the image. It will take you to the auction where there are pics of the actual contents of the box.

Comment

• cjefferys
                Duke of Gloat
                • Apr 23, 2006

Holy crap, were those Korean GAH cards legit??

And yeah, great art on that Black Hole record sleeve.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎