X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jwyblejr
    galactic yo-yo
    • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by Werewolf
    The best BAF figure is Clayface!? Seriously? The thing quite literally looks like a pile of walking excrement. As I mentioned in another thread, I just do not get this modern toy fad of playing with feces.
    Heck,look at that '66 Batman Batcave he gave a best of award to. Didn't realize it was a Batcave. The FTC '66 Batman Batcave looks better than that.

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

One thing I will agree with him is Mego getting weird out-of-date properties like Married With Children and other sitcoms.

They might be cheap, but there's a reason for that.

I think most collectors would trade away 10 Mego sitcom lines to get one more expensive good one like Lost in Space, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea or some other 1-hour Sci-Fi drama

Comment

• JWLJN
        Veteran Member
        • May 7, 2013

Is that clown still around? I thought he’d been gone since the days of The World of Springfield line where his “review” of every wave was...the same.

-J\/\/
        http://wrestlingmemorabilia.blogspot.com

https://www.facebook.com/JWsWrestlingMemorabilia

Comment

• ODBJBG
          Permanent Member
          • May 15, 2009

You guys are joking, but Crawford is the most respected toy reviewer in the business and has a huge love for Mego style figures. Hell he reviewed CAW stuff years ago when no one was doing that. His opinion carries weight. And of course, he's not wrong. Of all the output in the past year from toy companies, it probably does rank the lowest. Though there were some gems in there.

On the plus side, it seems like things are getting better.

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by ODBJBG
            You guys are joking, but Crawford is the most respected toy reviewer in the business and has a huge love for Mego style figures. Hell he reviewed CAW stuff years ago when no one was doing that. His opinion carries weight. And of course, he's not wrong. Of all the output in the past year from toy companies, it probably does rank the lowest. Though there were some gems in there.

On the plus side, it seems like things are getting better.
            Really?? Most respected? lol.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• J.B.
              Guild Navigator
              • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by cjefferys
              Well, he is a Captain so he must know what he's talking about, compared to us with lower ranks.
              Didn't he recently die?

You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                Talkative Member
                • May 11, 2013

I've been in toys for decades and I have never heard of him. But then again I do not look for reviews of figures. All I want is the turn-around to judge for myself.

Besides I like to other TV series Mego be because they make great custom figures, I have used Peggy Bundy on quite a few customs and do not mind paying $15 or lower for customs.
                Last edited by monitor_ep; Feb 23, '19, 3:54 PM.
                Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• tllgn
                  Persistent Member
                  • Feb 6, 2010

the Worst action figures ??? . i dont give a rats behind about this guys opinion .how can he expect hot toys at 12.99 .Megos are simple and retro from my childhood and the new ones for the price point (drac,trek,other
                  monsters ) are very well done ,even jeannie and samantha ,who are not actually licenced likeness are great . he doesnt speak for anyone but his followers ,not this community .SHEESH!.

Comment

• TRDouble
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jul 10, 2012

I haven’t been to this website in years! I stopped reading a lot of the toy review websites when it felt like reviews were tainted by the free stuff they were getting (not saying MWC gets free stuff; I think he did at some point though). But I did write a review as a guest way back when!

Anyway, I had to read the two negative Mego reviews — more like blurbs — for myself... it wasn’t completely wrong, although there was some extra venom, especially in the singles review. The writing comes off as more mean spirited than... well, it’s an opinion, not a review, so I don’t know. But some of it echoed comments here. It is too bad that he didn’t at least differentiate between the 8” and DC 14” line; it’s almost like the 14” line didn’t exist, or even warrant a snide remark, at least.

In the end, who cares? I don’t know how much weight MWC reviews still carry in a world with so many reviewers now, but I doubt his opinion is putting Mego out of business.

It certainly isn’t influencing my purchases.

Comment

• GlobalObserver
                      Persistent Member
                      • Aug 12, 2004

I enjoy Michael's reviews and photos and I think his opinions are usually spot on.

Comment

• palitoy
                        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                        • Jun 16, 2001

Nobody is right in a preference, there is no victor.

I am more amused with the OP putting this here like it's evidence that "proves his case" than the content of the review itself. The reviewer snarkily targeted some low hanging fruit, big deal, not gonna ruin my day.

Personally, I also don't believe toy reviewers do much but enforce our own existing biases but that's just my opinion. I sometimes enjoy the pretty pictures but pass on the editorial.
                        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Werewolf
                          Inhuman
                          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
                          Nobody is right in a preference, there is no victor.
                          I absolutely agree. Taste is subjective. Some people like retro and some don't.

He is still dead wrong on Clayface, though. It really does look like crap, literally.
                          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Werewolf
                            I absolutely agree. Taste is subjective. Some people like retro and some don't.

He is still dead wrong on Clayface, though. It really does look like crap, literally.
                            It looks like Clayface to me. Its a pretty well done figure, too.
                            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                              It looks like Clayface to me. Its a pretty well done figure, too.
                              I agree.

Comment

• sprytel
                                Talkative Member
                                • Jun 26, 2009

While I disagree with his review, these attacks on Crawford are beneath us.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎