Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • classicgalacticalover
    • Feb 19, 2010

Bonanza Megos

Just heard that CBS home video is finally going to release Bonanza season 9 on DVD. Made me think that I hope Mego will eventually do the Cartwrights. I think that in our target group they would do well.
  • EmergencyIan
    Museum Paramedic
    • Aug 31, 2005

Based on what Marty said at Toy Fair, I wouldn’t hold my breath for Mego “Bonaza” figures or figures from most TV series and motion pictures. Sure, some lines based on still very popular TV series and movies will see action figure lines. But, I’d guess “Bonanza” is about as likely as my want for Mego to make figures from “Emergency!”

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Brown Bear
      Still Old School
      • Feb 14, 2008

I would love Bonanza megos. They’d all look great in this format.
      Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• hussapocalypse
        • Jan 10, 2011

Do you remember when Hoss fought and killed a bear with his bare (waka waka waka) hands?!? That was BOSS, Hoss!!!
        *Also - how awesome would it be if somehow Blaine Cartwright and Commander Adama switched bodies due to a rupture in the space/time vortex of the multiverse in which they both exist - can you imagine the hilarity and drama that would ensue as they both tried to find their way back to their own dimensions?
        Last edited by hussapocalypse; Feb 22, '19, 6:43 PM. Reason: tripping the light fantastic fantasizing about a Bonanza/Battlestar Galactica What if? crossover event!

Comment

• TrekStar
          Trek or Treat
          • Jan 20, 2011

I have my own set of custom Bonanza figures, but heck yes, I would have loved to have seen a set of Mego Bonanza figures, like a classic westerns series collection, but that's why we create customs from our own ideas and enjoyment.

Blaine Cartwright? I think you meant Ben Cartwright played by Lorne Greene.

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by hussapocalypse
            Do you remember when Hoss fought and killed a bear with his bare (waka waka waka) hands?!? That was BOSS, Hoss!!!
            *Also - how awesome would it be if somehow Blaine Cartwright and Commander Adama switched bodies due to a rupture in the space/time vortex of the multiverse in which they both exist - can you imagine the hilarity and drama that would ensue as they both tried to find their way back to their own dimensions?
            It could be a 3 way crossover with the Ingalls family too.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• bgiles73
              Veteran Member
              • Apr 14, 2010

I would think that being a series set in the Old West would distinguish Bonanza enough from regular sitcoms that it might have a chance. A license like Westworld (The HBO Series) might be more recognizable for engaging consumers, but I wouldn’t rule out John Wayne or Clint Eastwood in the Legends Line.

Comment

• scott metzger
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by bgiles73
                I would think that being a series set in the Old West would distinguish Bonanza enough from regular sitcoms that it might have a chance. A license like Westworld (The HBO Series) might be more recognizable for engaging consumers, but I wouldn’t rule out John Wayne or Clint Eastwood in the Legends Line.
                Agreed. The characters are visually distinct simply being cowboys.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎