X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MRP
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2016

Batman Black and White mini-figure blind bags

While I was at WalMart checking out the 100 Page Giant DC books the other day, I ran across these...Batman Black and White mini figs based on the designs of the statues from the line inspired by the mini-series...

I hadn't heard about this release, and couldn't find anything about it online. I could see no visible numbering on the outside of the packaging that tells you what's inside the blind bag (like say Imaginext does), so I only picked up a few rather than risking getting a bunch of doubles trying to get all 6.

The designs are by Dick Sprang, Darwyn Cooke, Jason Fabok, Patrick Gleeson, Frank Quitely and Amanda Connor. Out of the three I picked up, I got 2 different ones and one double, which my wife claimed for her figure shelf.

since you can't read the names under the figs on the bag back in the pic: going left to right top row it's Cooke, Gleeson and Connor, bottom row-Fabok, Sprang, Quitley

I got the Darwyn Cooke (the one I most wanted) and 2 Jason Fabok's, the Cook fig is on the left, the Fabok on the right...

they stand about 3-4 inches tall.

Aesthetically, I really like the Batman B&W designs, and though I usually don't do the high end stuff for budgetary reasons, the B&W statues were really tempting. These offer a nice affordable alternative to me (they were about $5 a pop). I may pick up a couple more, especially if I can figure out if there is a packaging code on them.

-M
    Last edited by MRP; Feb 22, '19, 12:37 AM.
    "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato
  • ScottA
    Original Member
    • Jun 25, 2001

Interesting. I'll have to keep an eye out.
    sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Wow, thanks for the heads up. I will definitely be on the lookout for them!

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎