X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr.Marion
    Permanent Member
    • Sep 15, 2014

Chris Hemsworth to play Hulk Hogan in new biopic

Looks like Netflix is releasing this one. Directed by Todd Phillips.

Chris Hemsworth will star as wrestling superstar Hulk Hogan in a biopic being set up at Netflix that reunites the 'Joker' team of Todd Phillips and Scott Silver.

I can see it.

• Brown Bear
    Still Old School
    • Feb 14, 2008

So Thor is gonna shave the top of his head and gain 100 pounds?!
    Can’t see him as Thunderlips.
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
      Moderation Engineer
      • Aug 14, 2003

And every time he references Hulkamaniacs I am going to be thinking little Bruce Banners. I'll be impressed if he can come close to mimicking Hogan's voice.

In other news I'll be playing Chris Hemsworth in a biopic put on by our local theater group. For Asgard!

Comment

• enyawd72
        Maker of Monsters!
        • Oct 1, 2009

I think it would have been great if they just used Hulk Hogan and de-aged him.

We're getting a young Samuel S. Jackson in Captain Marvel, so why not?

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

a better question is, was anybody asking for a Hulk Hogan Biopic? don't get me wrong, I love the guy. but he is still out there doing his shtick, so do we really need a movie about his life at this point?

Comment

• alex
            Permanent Member
            • Jun 15, 2009

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
            a better question is, was anybody asking for a Hulk Hogan Biopic? don't get me wrong, I love the guy. but he is still out there doing his shtick, so do we really need a movie about his life at this point?
            Yeah I was thinking the same thing, fair enough its on netflix.

Comment

• hedrap
              Permanent Member
              • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by enyawd72
              I think it would have been great if they just used Hulk Hogan and de-aged him.

We're getting a young Samuel S. Jackson in Captain Marvel, so why not?
              That would be the entire budget. It's crazy expensive.

I think he can pull the voice off. My issue is the size. I used to see Hogan live in his AWA, pre-WWF days. When his theme music was Eye Of The Tiger. The man was physically enormous. It was like the Road Warriors or Jesse Ventura. Their muscle mass was inhuman. Only non-wrestler I ever met who was comparable was Herschel Walker.

Watch any WCW video where he's standing with Shaq or Karl Malone. The Mailman was the biggest muscle-bound player of the NBA, and he's about half of Hogan's width. If Hemsworth doesn't put on another 10-15 pounds, he's going to look like an overdeveloped swimmer.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                galactic yo-yo
                • Apr 6, 2006

Who will they get to play Mean Gene? Can't have any Hogan interviews without him.

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

Problem with doing a biopic is there is a big difference between the Hulk Hogan character and Terry Bollea the man. I'm aware of WWF because my Dad was a fan in the 80s. From what little I've gathered he is not exactly what you would call a sympathetic person. Ultimate Warrior absolutely hated his guts.
                  You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Brown Bear
                    Still Old School
                    • Feb 14, 2008

Most wrestlers were pigs who were on drugs and partied in the 80’s. I think Hogan just feel under a larger microscope because of his popularity in pop culture. Warrior was far more hated in the biz from what I’ve read. No one like him.
                    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

Movies...

Real life...

Hemsworth can pull it off. Remember, this is going to focus on the man Terry Bollea more so than his public Hulk persona. Hemsworth is a pretty good actor, Bollea is not.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Random Axe
                        The Voice of Reason
                        • Apr 16, 2008

The casting is great if he bulks up, but I'm not sure why anyone would make a Terry Bolea film. I know they always listed him at a ridiculous and inflated size, but his actual height is closer to 6"4". With Hollywood magic they can make Hemsworth appear taller if needed. Like many others I'm more curious who they will cast as the other 80s wrestlers. That's far more interesting to me.
                        I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                          Permanent Member
                          • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by Hector
                          Movies...

Real life...

Hemsworth can pull it off. Remember, this is going to focus on the man Terry Bollea more so than his public Hulk persona. Hemsworth is a pretty good actor, Bollea is not.
                          Hulkster has had a couple back surgeries since then brother.
                          He was a legit 6'5-6 during Rocky 3 , Stallone was what 5'8?

Comment

• powersthatbe
                            Persistent Member
                            • Sep 27, 2010

From Thunder God to Thunderlips.As much as I loved 80s wrestling,not interested in his story.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                              Museum Paramedic
                              • Aug 31, 2005

I don’t know if I’ll like it, but I’d be interested to see the results of this project. Some of these biopics turn out great see Bohemian Rhapsody and the forthcoming Rocket Man.

- Ian
                              Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎