X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MysteryWho
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 16, 2008

Adventure Team Information Site

Just went to this really interesting site about Joe/Adventure Team history. If you've never seen it, give it a look.
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I think Vintage 3D Joes is a fantastic site--exhaustive & well-organized. It's helped me complete a lot of figures as well as do some fun kitbashes.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• drquest
      ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
      • Apr 17, 2012

Matt McKeeby runs that site and a lot of what you see there is from his collection. He's a good guy and has an obviously awesome collection.
      Danny(Drquest)
      Captain Action HQ
      Retro shirts and stuff
      More retro shirts
      Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Wee67
        Museum Correspondent
        • Apr 2, 2002

I think I had only one 12" Joe and one vehicle so my nostalgia is limited but dang those playsets look like so much fun!! I am so glad I do not collect Joes. I think I would immediately get sucked into those cool playsets.
        WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

The only playset I have is the HQ, the enticing MSV has eluded me. I'm thinking of chasing down a Sea Wolf, though.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Neutron X
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 22, 2007

Good site! He also runs 3D Super Joe too! I had the Sea Wolf as a kid and it's still a favorite!!!! So I recommend it PNGwynne!

Comment

• comicmike
              Persistent Member
              • Sep 22, 2009

Really really great site! Thanks!!

Comment

• Adam West
                Museum CPA
                • Apr 14, 2003

There are so many cool AT customs and am also fascinated by the Palitoy and Action Man line. I would love to get a replica GI Joe nurse without the price. It is super expensive just trying to collect the repro and Convention pieces
                "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
                ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

I really cannot speak highly enough of Vintage 3D Joes and its curator Matt. His site is terrific, and he and drquest (Danny!) have been unstintingly helpful as I've waded into Joe-land.

Comment

• Makernaut
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 22, 2015

^ That site has been and remains a great help for details I want to get right. Every once in while, I'll pull up the site to kill some time and educate myself. It's laid out very well with great pictures. And yes, Danny's posts here have always been very helpful to me. I drooled a little over his CA and GI JOE 1969 pieces I saw in a post in the CA Costume Closet Sub-forum recently.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Makernaut
                      ^ That site has been and remains a great help for details I want to get right. Every once in while, I'll pull up the site to kill some time and educate myself. It's laid out very well with great pictures. And yes, Danny's posts here have always been very helpful to me. I drooled a little over his CA and GI JOE 1969 pieces I saw in a post in the CA Costume Closet Sub-forum recently.
                      I do the same, and here, too. I've heard that Matt doesn't like repros, but his site has certainly helped me to better assemble nice, accurate repro sets. His presentation is great.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎