X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scott metzger
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by Artistix
    The rambling question about not liking TV show figures was odd...& so was Marty's response to it - 'We agree'

What did that mean?

I hope they won't drop lines like Married with Children & Facts of Life when we are soo close to completing them!
    Marty had just gotten done explaining that Mego was looking at characters who are distinct in some way from here on. Just average folks in clothes like a lot of the previous three waves don't really fit that criteria, and I think that was the point he was making both in his own comments and in answering that question.

Comment

• Adam West
      Museum CPA
      • Apr 14, 2003

Did anyone else notice what appears to be a 14” Joe Namath in fur coat on display as they were walking past the characters? Was this figure already announced?
      "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
      ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by Adam West
        Did anyone else notice what appears to be a 14” Joe Namath in fur coat on display as they were walking past the characters? Was this figure already announced?
        He was from when they first announced the figures last year. Comic-con exclusive.

Comment

• Adam West
          Museum CPA
          • Apr 14, 2003

So this a complete product assortment that has been released to date along with new releases for this year? I wonder if the 14” Jimi Hendrix will also be a Con exclusive since I don’t believe there was an official announcement about it
          "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
          ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• VulcanFanatic
            Banned
            • Jan 24, 2009

Thank God those 14" Star Trek figures are just prototypes. I hope Mego gets the message that we don't want poor quality figures just because it has the Mego name on it.

Comment

• Artistix
              • Apr 9, 2012

Originally posted by EmergencyIan
              The answer wasn’t odd. It was very direct. Those lines are done, including The Brady Binch and Happy Days.
              Odd to me only because I had no knowledge that he didn't agree with those kinda characters himself. That certainly explains the answer. Sorry folks, I'm not as 'in the loop' as I should be if I'm going to be posting on your forum. :(

I put out a message on the Mego Ambassadors FB page for help finding the new Mego figures as they didn't hit Australia (though they are coming apparently). Some amazing guys actually put together ALL the figures from series 1 to current which they are sending to me soon. I don't think I would have bothered with the Happy Days/Brady Bunch/Cheers characters if I'd known those sets wouldn't be continued. Though hopefully one day they will throw in a Bud Bundy or Mrs. Garrett.
              Last edited by Artistix; Feb 20, '19, 7:18 PM.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                Museum Paramedic
                • Aug 31, 2005

Originally posted by Artistix
                Odd to me only because I had no knowledge that he didn't agree with those kinda characters himself. That certainly explains the answer. Sorry folks, I'm not as 'in the loop' as I should be if I'm going to be posting on your forum. :(

I put out a message on the Mego Ambassadors FB page for help finding the new Mego figures as they didn't hit Australia (though they are coming apparently). Some amazing guys actually put together ALL the figures from series 1 to current which they are sending to me soon. I don't think I would have bothered with the Happy Days/Brady Bunch/Cheers characters if I'd known those sets wouldn't be continued. Though hopefully one day they will throw in a Bud Bundy or Mrs. Garrett.
                I understand that it would be disappointing. Maybe I overreacted to your post. I think you’re fine posting here. My reaction was more along the lines of what I and others thought when it came to the unlicensed and sitcom figures. We felt that they were a bad business decision. I was happy to hear that Mego had course corrected and wouldn’t be continuing down that road. I don’t know first hand, but based on Marty’s response, those lines were Target’s idea and not Mego’s.

- Ian
                Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Goblin19
                  Talkative Member
                  • May 2, 2002

Only disappointed that it sounds like no more Cheers, but I understand. That was the only sitcom one I really liked. Was hoping to fill out at least 2 or 3 more.

Comment

• DC_Guy
                    Museum Super Collector
                    • Sep 18, 2008

Yeah, I'm disappointed by no more "Cheers," too. I really wanted a Doctor Frasier Crane figure.

Comment

• MEGO Kid
                      Museum Super Collector
                      • Nov 5, 2018

No Potsie?

Comment

• tmthor
                        God of Knock-offs
                        • Nov 29, 2005

What about "thumbs up" Fonzie

Comment

• bgiles73
                          Veteran Member
                          • Apr 14, 2010

If sitcoms would have just included “All in the Family, Three’s Company and Sanford and Son” along with “Cheers, Brady Bunch, I Dream of Jeanie and Bewitched” I think I could say I would have been happy. I much more prefer Star Trek, Wizard of Oz, Monsters and the Musical personalities but some sitcom characters are iconic, provided the likeness is there. I would really like Mulder and Scully as Megos but I won’t be content with just a generic likeness in a suit. I’m anxious to see where they take us with these. I hope they bring back the “teen sized” Mego body before they roll out with the Talosians and Ferengi!

Comment

• Liu Bei
                            Banned
                            • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by MRP
                            Ran across this where Marty talks the future of the line and what to look for and answers a lightning round of questions about properties in play...

some highlights
                            -other Kiss characters coming
                            -more Trek including TNG and DS9 are in the works and coming
                            -more focus on sci-fi/horror/action toys with more play value and less on nostalgia TV moving forward
                            -in talks with Kroft for licenses (Land of the Lost was specifically asked about) but nothing definite yet

it runs about 10-11 minutes, and there are lots of little tidbits in there

-M
                            Thanks for linking the video. Love Marty. Class act. He looked a bit worn out there, but still took the time to answer those questions.

Glad to hear the Six Million Dollar Man mentioned. Wish they’d asked about Dark Shadows.

Comment

• MEGO Kid
                              Museum Super Collector
                              • Nov 5, 2018

Could have used a Sam Malone and rebecca (with hair up) / Saavik. Along with a Dr Fraser Crane with beard to look like that one starship captain on TNG. Maybe?

Comment

• TrekStar
                                Trek or Treat
                                • Jan 20, 2011

I would have liked to have seen Seinfeld figures, I think they would have sold better than Charmed or Facts of Life, IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎