X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Toy-Ventures 9: Superhero School Supplies

This week's installment of Toy Ventures is all about the cool licensed School Supplies created by a company called Alco. Over a period of five years they made two styles of sharpeners, erasers and even a Batman Slide Rule?

Visit us online at
    www.plaidstallions.com

Twitter: @plaidstallions

Subscribe to our Youtube Channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwY..._as=subscriber

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

I think this was my favorite episode yet. I still have my childhood Batman "bust" sharpener. He's holding that weird red bat shield like the Bat-Ruler you show. I love the Wonder Woman and Batman figural sharpeners, and would love to have them. I never see these in the wild. Spider-Man looks like the out of shape Peter Parker from Into The Spider-Verse!

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• newlyknighted
      Persistent Member
      • Feb 21, 2010

If only I had possessed the Batman Slide Rule, I would have graduated as my high schools valedictorian. Love these videos Brian! I enjoy the variety.
      I post in thy general direction!

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

It's fun to see these again. I love how ubiquitous Shazam! merchandise was in the '70s.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
          Museum Paramedic
          • Aug 31, 2005

Another winner! It was too darn short, though. Could have watched for an hour.

I really love the full body hero pencil sharpeners.

- Ian
          Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• comicmike
            Persistent Member
            • Sep 22, 2009

I love that Batman-Batarang ruler! I also love that ruler from Germany. I collected any of that stuff I could find. I had a similar flavoured ruler with the DC heroes heads inside circle perameters, with some of the '77 Mego card front art. I collected erasers, book covers, notepads, and I cherished that full body Batman sharpener that I also had. Amazing forum topic, and great video: Thank you!!

Re: Alco book covers
            I was kinda jealous back in my early grammar school years because my mom made me use store bought book covers. They were usually generic out of date psychedelic patterns found in the discount bin while the COOL kids were using brown paper bags. Eventually I was finally allowed to pick any book cover I wanted -- No
            Last edited by comicmike; Feb 23, '19, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎