Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Way To Get 60's Filmation DC Cartoons?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wee67
    Museum Correspondent
    • Apr 2, 2002

Best Way To Get 60's Filmation DC Cartoons?

Is there a good collection of the late 60's DC Filmation cartoons? The ones with Supes, Bats, the Justice League, Teen Titans, etc? I've found a couple of DVD's, but they seem to only have the Batman ones or just a small sample of the cartoons.

I also see they have collections of Batman alone. Are these the ones that ran with the other DC heroes or did Batman have his own series? IMDB lists a show called 'The Batman/Superman/ Hour.' Is this separate from the Aquaman, Titans, etc. or were these just grouped separated for later showings?

There's a DVD collection from 1968 called 'The New Adventures of Superman; Season 2&3'. Now it does have the right date, but the "New" throws me off. Wasn't there a late 70's "New" Batman with Adam West doing the voice? I realy want the late 60's versions.

Thanks for any information!

Does 18 episodes cover the whole collection?-

I assume this is just a sample but I can't tell how comprehensive it is (along with Vol 2)
    Last edited by Wee67; Feb 18, '19, 4:17 PM.
    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.
  • classicgalacticalover
    • Feb 19, 2010

What you are looking for is DC Super Heroes the filmation adventures. This set contains all the shorts of Justice League, Teen Titans and the rest. The Adventures of Batman is the 60's stuff with the new adventures being from the 70's. The Superman sets are all from the 60's. The only ones not available are the Superboy cartoons and I belive that was because of all the legal stuff going on with DC and the Shuster and Siegal families. Hope that this helps.

Comment

• Wee67
      Museum Correspondent
      • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by classicgalacticalover
      What you are looking for is DC Super Heroes the filmation adventures.
      Thanks! So is that the DVD in my above first link?

Comment

• classicgalacticalover
        • Feb 19, 2010

Yes sir. They did break them up into two volumes later that I did forget about. Great stuff! Just wish they would do Superboy now as well. But these are better than nothing.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

I'm pining for Filmation Shazam! Maybe with the film coming out...
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• hedrap
            Permanent Member
            • Feb 10, 2009

^I got the full series. DVD quality.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

From whom?
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Wee67
                Museum Correspondent
                • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by classicgalacticalover
                Yes sir. They did break them up into two volumes later that I did forget about. Great stuff! Just wish they would do Superboy now as well. But these are better than nothing.
                Thanks!

Comment

• hedrap
                  Permanent Member
                  • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                  From whom?
                  Ancient Chinese Secret

Comment

• classicgalacticalover
                    • Feb 19, 2010

Originally posted by Wee67
                    Thanks!
                    You are quite welcome sir.

Comment

• classicgalacticalover
                      • Feb 19, 2010

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                      From whom?
                      They are available on Amazon. These are the official releases from Warner Bros. I too am hoping for the Shazam animated and would think they would release those as well with the movie coming out but I have heard nothing.

Comment

• Makernaut
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 22, 2015

Instead of the Single Volume in your Amazon link (that sells for $59.99), I would suggest getting the later released version that is split into Volume 1 and Volume 2.

https://www.amazon.com/DC-Super-Hero...ords=filmation

https://www.amazon.com/DC-Super-Hero...ords=filmation

These have the same episodes of The Atom, The Flash, Green Lantern, Hawkman, Justice League, and Teen Titans and the same feature about Lou Scheimer and would be significantly cheaper than $59.99. I was kind of taken aback by the price because I think I got it for $9 or $10 when it was first released.

Comment

• filmation batman fan
                          The Man of Many Voices
                          • Aug 30, 2005

[B] We are most fortunate that we finally got most of the DC cartoons by Filmation on DVD. It began in 2005 with the releases of The New Adventures of Superman which features the 36 episodes of the first season along with a great extra feature called Superman 66. The New Adventures of Batman from 1977 was also released on the same date. That's the series with the voices of Adam West and Burt Ward and includes Bat Mite. It has all 16 episodes and an extra feature about this series in contrast to the Batman comics of the 70's. Next, The Adventures of Aquaman was released on DVD in 2005 with all 36 episodes and a cool feature on Aquaman as well. DC Super Heroes: The Filmation Adventures was next in 2008. It has the Atom, The Flash, Green Lantern, Hawkman, Justice League of America and the Teen Titans and its extra feature was a biography about Lou Scheimer. But we had to wait for nearly a decade before we saw the releases of the New Adventures of Superman Seasons 2&3 and the Adventures of Batman on DVD. It was the first Batman cartoon from 1968 and the remaining episodes of Superman. But neither of these DVD sets had any extra features, which is a crying shame for the 68 Batman series since it was Batman's first foray into animation. It's a crying shame that Superboy is not available on DVD. Here's hoping we'll get it someday.

Comment

• hedrap
                            Permanent Member
                            • Feb 10, 2009

I thought something was just announced for Superboy?

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎