Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Star Trek mego line, issues in quality

^this!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Belts that hold the phasers (w/o a rubber band) would be nice.
    Agreed!

I'd like them to fix the belts so the phaser goes in the front and the communicator goes in the back, like they are supposed to

Good point!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Belts that hold the phasers (w/o a rubber band) would be nice.
    I agree with that too. The original belts held the phaser without a rubber band and the new ones should too.

Quote Originally Posted by VulcanFanatic View Post
    I agree with that too. The original belts held the phaser without a rubber band and the new ones should too.
    That's the same issue I have with the line. Other than that my figures have been pretty good.

The EMCE/Diamond Select Trek figures also used the rubber band, made the mistake of taking it off and I had to put the phaser on backwards in order to keep it from falling off, I had to buy a few original belts off ebay, to fix it up.

After many years I purchased a 1974 Mego Star Trek bridgeset from eBay. I owned this as kid in the 1970's and really enjoyed it then. The set that I bought included a complete original Spock and Kirk that are in great condition. Taking a new look at original mego figures as compared with the new Mego's produced recently, it made me realize on another level that the newer figures from mego are just not the same quality at all. I am ecstatic to get new Mego's , but at the same time I am a bit disappointed that quality is so much worse than the originals are. Headsculpts, facial details, Star Trek uniform shirt collars, the change from a snap to the Velcro that doesn't go all the way down the rear of the shirt. The belt not being able to hold the phaser in. I hope they will start paying more attention to these things in future figure offerings.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Few repros are as nice as the originals. And the new Megos are out at a very low price, mass-market price point. Some design elements are sloppy, some are a result of that price-point.

I think BBP Ventures, DST/Emce Trek And Universal Monsters, and some FTC like Hanna-Barbara are indicative of better quality. And new Mego has done some beautiful figures, too. But IMO, their Trek releases are all over the place in terms of quality.
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Apr 27, '19 at 4:24 PM.
    WANTED:Grayson SI trousers; Dale Arden dagger; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

LT Uhura can be fixed as well the orignal mego is better then the new mego which is better then the emce .the tunic is not as well done as good as the orignal .and if their going to screen print the emblem which
    is good they should include the inner symbol like they did with the bif bang pow big bang theory trek figures .